• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Still Recruiting for multiple games/ideas! Post Your Thoughts!

AmorFati said:
Another thing that might be cool, is a Dragon campaign. Utilizing Draconomicon heavily. Perhaps a party og good dragons, fighting against the evil ones in a world heavily dominated by evil dragons and their thralls.... Wow, this got me thinking, I might do just this one myself!

I would be up for a Dragon campaign. And, the Dragon magazine has ECLs broken down into levels ala Savage Species, so it would make it easier to start at whatever level the DM wanted...

scout989

First Post
AmorFati said:
Another thing that might be cool, is a Dragon campaign. Utilizing Draconomicon heavily. Perhaps a party og good dragons, fighting against the evil ones in a world heavily dominated by evil dragons and their thralls.... Wow, this got me thinking, I might do just this one myself!

I've been thinking about that one for a few weeks now. We should try to co-DM that!

Seriously, I'm not sure if or how that could work, but if it doesn't, I'd like to reserve a spot in your game as of now!

AmorFati

First Post
Goddess FallenAngel said:
I would be up for a Dragon campaign. And, the Dragon magazine has ECLs broken down into levels ala Savage Species, so it would make it easier to start at whatever level the DM wanted...

Hmm... I don't have access to the Dragon magazine, unfortunately. However, I am thinking about how to make a dragon campaign work. Characterwise, storywise, combatwise etc etc.

Nonlethal Force

First Post
Well, the party could be good dragons in a very evil land. By very evil, of course, I mean the kind of land that would kill a good dragon on sight just for the hide.

That would force the players to use a more humanoid form most of the time and only pull out the dragon bit when absolutely necessary!

But ultimately - I could be interested if I say how the levels and everything were going to work. I'll keep tuned in....

Nonlethal Force said:
Well, the party could be good dragons in a very evil land. By very evil, of course, I mean the kind of land that would kill a good dragon on sight just for the hide.

That would force the players to use a more humanoid form most of the time and only pull out the dragon bit when absolutely necessary!

Unfortunately, I think only silvers and golds get shapechange though. :( That leaves out the rest of the good-aligned dragons.

Nonlethal Force

First Post
Goddess FallenAngel said:
Unfortunately, I think only silvers and golds get shapechange though. :( That leaves out the rest of the good-aligned dragons.

Well, that's true. So it would be a party where everyone knew each other's alignment well! :p No worries for alignment clash in that party....

AmorFati

First Post
Regarding draconic campaign, this is what I have been thinking of so far: A destroyed world, ruled by evil dragons and their slaves (Probably only draconic races, perhaps half-dragons as well.). The good dragons are few, outnumbered 1 to 10 by the evil ones. There are rumours of old of a set of artifacts that will give unfathomable powers to the one who wields it, but the fragments are scattered around the now wrecked world. The evil dragons also have a few of the fragments as well. Fortunately there is not peace among the evil ones; the different flights war among eachother, and there is no joined effort to stop the good ones - yet.

Probably a high-level game, bordering on epic.

Another idea I am thinking about is a twin-game of sorst. All players play a regular character and a draconic character in paralell worlds. Whatever you do in one world affects both worlds. So, in solving one problem in one world, you might have to do tasks in the other world etc. This need fleshing out, of course, but it might be interesting.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads