stonegod's Expedition to Castle Ravenloft: Ch. I [IC]

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
OOC: stonegod, there seems to be something off in the past update you gave as far as identifying a pair of the zombies on the map. It looks like they took 5' steps towards Jarrith, but they were not redesignated below in the initiative order. So while I think I know which zombies are which (as far as remaining HPs) could you please confirm this before I decide on my action.

K8: is listed near destruction -41 (but there is no zombie listed at K8 on the map)
L7: is listed near destruction -42 (but there is no zombie listed at L7 on the map)
L8/L9 are on the map (but no HP designation listed below)

Am I correct in assuming that the zombie at K8 stepped diagonally to L9 and the zombie at L7 stepped down to L8?

James Heard

Explorer
Janis steps forward to ensure that she's within range, then releases the power of the sun. A dazzling ray of yellow-white heat leaps from her fingertips and stab towards the dirt encrusted zombie.

OOC: Scorching Ray, one ray, 4d6 damage touch attack, no save.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
DEFCON 1 said:
OOC: stonegod, there seems to be something off in the past update you gave as far as identifying a pair of the zombies on the map. It looks like they took 5' steps towards Jarrith, but they were not redesignated below in the initiative order. So while I think I know which zombies are which (as far as remaining HPs) could you please confirm this before I decide on my action.

K8: is listed near destruction -41 (but there is no zombie listed at K8 on the map)
L7: is listed near destruction -42 (but there is no zombie listed at L7 on the map)
L8/L9 are on the map (but no HP designation listed below)

Am I correct in assuming that the zombie at K8 stepped diagonally to L9 and the zombie at L7 stepped down to L8?
OOC: The two closest to Jarrith moved, so yes it was K8 and L7.

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
As the zombies that avoided the bolt of lightning step towards him, Jarrith does his best to maneuver around so that he isn't facing off against both at once. (5' step to L10). Once more his finds himself injured and in pain, and he has to force himself to maintain his resolve.

Seeing that the undead in front of him has been knocked and burned almost to destruction, he decides to forego re-upping his Cat's Grace, and instead thrusts with both rapiers again in hopes of dropping it. (Full Attack on L9: no additional modifiers)

stonegod

Town Square Round 4

Khensu brings a mighty chop of his axe down the cowering zombie, further weakening her. [AC 21 hits, 12 hp]

As Jarrith steps aside, he thrusts his pointed blades at his dead foe. While one strike strue, the weakness in his arms and the deadness of the organs beneath the flesh combine for no apparent damage. [AC 21, 4 hp before DR]

Angry fire flashes from the hands of the army of Jani, and strikes the entomber dead on. While on a living creature, the hit would have likely been fatal, the undead flesh only burns slightly. [Natural 20 hits; 11 hp]

The zombies continue there drive to maim, one each managing to bash Selase and Jarrith. The blow winds Selase and is enough almost to knock Jarrith to the ground! [5 hp Selase, 8 hp Jarrith]

More bolts from Marot slam into the undead, this time the waif cowering in front of Sir Khensu. [AC 16 ranged touch in melee through cover his; 12 hp]

Seeing Jarrith's plight, Daellin let's fly arrows at the zombie attacking him, and drops it on his first hit. [AC 31 hits L9; 13 hp before DR; drops] The other two arrows fly wide of their marks. [AC 15, 10 miss]

Barred from the warded cleric, the entomber seizes upon the elf's arrival by dashing at it with its arms raised high about its head. Its buckles the elf with a crushing hit to the shoulder. [11 hp] A wave of nausea overwhelms the elf for a moment, but he clenches his teach and fights it off. [Fort save succeeds] The force of the blow tries to drive Daellin earthwards, but he rolls his shoulder quickly enough to avoid the warrior's fate. [Ref save succeeds]

Selase bends to clear the dirt from the warrior, and the zombie standing over her smashes her over the head! [10 hp] Determined however, the priestess digs and and succeeds in unearthing the warrior! [Warrior prone in K7] Battered and near death, Selase calls out, "Janis! Khensu! Aid me!"

Town Square Round 5

attachment.php

K: 22 (18/47 hp)
J: 18 (1/26, sickened, 1 turn checks left)
J: 16 (mirror image 13 rounds)
Z: 14 (L8: -55 [destroyed], J6: -9 [lightly wounded], K7: -18, L9: -54 [destroyed], K9: -46 [near destruction], P9: -11 [lightly wounded], P8: -54 [destroyed], Q8: -56 [destroyed])
M: 13
D: 12 (20/31 hp)
E: 10 (-29 moderately wounded])
A: 6 [dying]
S: 5 (3/36 hp, sickened, 2 rebukes left)

Map Key: A: Armored warrior, E: Dirt encrusted zombie, D: Daellin, d: Edi, h: Horse, h: Luminous, J: Jarrith, J: Janis, K: Khensu, M: Marot, S: Selase, Z: Plodding zombies
Conditions: White area is lit to 20'; grey area is shadowy to 40'. Red Border: rebuked (10 rounds), Cyan Border: mirror image, Green Border: sickened, Brown Border: Entombed.

Please indicate your actions for round 5.

Attachments

• E3-r4.jpg
    E3-r4.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 234

GwydapLlew

First Post
Sir Khensu shakes his head as he comes out of the battlefog that had been surrounding him and lets out a short command to his mount, indicating the cowering zombie before him. "Luminous, destroy this one!"

The scion of the Flame then strides forward and moves into the fray. With an overhead chop, he tries to drop the "entomber" as he calls once again on the power of the Silver Flame.

((OOC - Moving to N8 and Power Attacking (-3) M7 with my last use of Smite Evil for the day. Hopefully that will destroy it!))

((EDIT - I realized that I hadn't calculated movement properly. Darn that whole 20' land speed. :eek: ))

Last edited:

drothgery

First Post
Daellin takes a step back, then pulls a tanglefoot bag out of his haversack and tosses it at the entoumber. (OOC: no clear shots at anyone else, and if the guy's got DR/silver of more than 5, it'd be a waste of arrows)

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Under the furious assault of the zombie's limbs, Jarrith gets knocked back and forth and stumbles backwards a few feet (5' step to M11). He sees the cleric getting battered as well, and that there's no real way Sir Khensu or Janis can help her out. "Selase! Get out of there! Back up!"

Knowing that he's in dire trouble, he uses his last gasp to Aid himself, hoping to regain just enough strength to finish off the zombie that he knows will be coming right back at him. (Cast Aid on self: 1d8+3 HP regained, +1 to hit, +1 to save vs fear)

stonegod

Town Square Round 5

After commanding his celestial steed, Khensu wades into the fray. He brings the axe down with an overhead chop, but the dirt encrusting the creature deflects the poorly executed blow. [AC 11 misses; smite wasted]

Luminous manages to clip the cowering zombie with both its hooves, furthering the waif's destruction. [AC 15, 25 hit; 16 hp before DR]

Jarrith stumbles back, and in desperate attempt, tries to bolster his flagging health. Warmth suffuses him, and but he knows that the aid is only temporary. [aid, 5 temporary hp]

Her brow furrowed at the strangeness of the entomber, Janis lobs an acidic blob at the resilient foe. Daellin's form and the intefference of the palaind almost ruin her aim, but she manages to connect, peeling off some of its dirt layers. [AC 10 ranged touch at covered target in melee hits; 11 hp]

Jarrith having moved back, the zombies close on the nearest target---Selase. Her armor and shield take several blows, but she manages to avoid serious harm. [All miss]

A holy blast from Marot burns the cowering waif, ending her undeath. [AC 10 ranged touch hits target in melee; 16 hp; foe drops]

Stepping back, Daellin tosses a lob of green solution at the entomber. It easily hits the creature, entangling it. However, it is nimble enough not to be stuck to the ground, though its actions are hampered. [AC 35 ranged touch hits; target makes Reflex save; entangled]

The furious entomber takes its rage out on the nearest target---Khensu. It blows past the knight's defenses, severely wounding him. [11 hp] Khensu feels the black disease that infected the zombies try to assault him, only to be warded by his faith. The blow almost drives Khensu to his knees and into the dirt blow, but he barely manages to roll with it. [Reflex save 17 succeeds]

The warrior's blood continues to pour from her.

Hemmed in by foes, unable to withdraw to safety, Selase pulls back to limit her exposure while drawing a wand. A red glow surrounds her briefly, closely a bit of her wounds. [wand of cure light wounds, 6 hp]

Town Square Round 5

attachment.php

K: 22 (12/47 hp)
J: 18 (5+1/26, sickened, 1 turn checks left)
J: 16 (mirror image 12 rounds)
Z: 14 (L8: -55 [destroyed], J6: -9 [lightly wounded], K7: -18, L9: -54 [destroyed], K9: -46 [near destruction], P9: -61 [severely wounded], P8: -54 [destroyed], Q8: -56 [destroyed])
M: 13
D: 12 (20/31 hp)
E: 10 (-40 [severley wounded], entangled)
A: 6 [dying]
S: 5 (9/36 hp, sickened, 2 rebukes left)

Map Key: A: Armored warrior, E: Dirt encrusted zombie, D: Daellin, d: Edi, h: Horse, h: Luminous, J: Jarrith, J: Janis, K: Khensu, M: Marot, S: Selase, Z: Plodding zombies
Conditions: White area is lit to 20'; grey area is shadowy to 40'. Red Border: rebuked (5 rounds), Cyan Border: mirror image, Green Border: sickened, Brown Border: entombed, Lime Border: entangled.

Please indicate your actions for round 5.

Attachments

• E3-r5.jpg
    E3-r5.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 229

Remove ads