• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

stonegod's Expedition to Castle Ravenloft: Ch. I [IC]

GwydapLlew

First Post
Sir Khensu staggers beneath the might blow, and lunges forward, trying to return the favor to this strange creature. As he does so, his greataxe glows with a silvery flame. "Healing! I need healing!"

((OOC - Spending an Action Point to gain another Smite Evil attempt for the day, and attacking the Entomber.))

Last edited:

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
"You and me both!!! Just get in there! Daellin! You better get that wand of yours out soon!" Jarrith sees the whole battle going extremely poorly, and he prays to the Flame to see them through all this. The two zombies that had been on him turned away as he backed up, but now he sees that they stand over the warrior bleeding profusely on the ground. He closes his eyes, whispers one more silent prayer, then attempts something downright foolish to save the young woman's life.

He rushes forward, throws himself to the ground, then does a quick wave of the hand and a short incantation before stretching his hand out between the legs of the zombie to place it on the woman's thigh. He feels the wave of warmth begin it's transfer into the woman, but then sees both undead creatures looming above him ready to pounce. He hopes that his concentration doesn't break, otherwise she's dead.

[Move action to L8 (shouldn't provoke any AoOs) / Swap out Guidance for Cure Minor Wounds: cast CMW defensively on warrior woman (whom I believe is still at K7 underneath the zombie standing over her): Concentration +6, DC 15 (15+0 spell level)]

EDIT: I will spend an AP if I'm within 4 points of DC 15

Last edited:

James Heard

Explorer
Despite her companions' ills, Janis sees no reason to be alarmed and continues to lob her acid blobs at the crusted zombie.

Last edited:

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
James Heard said:
OOC: Casting Reduce Person on Selase using her 1st level open slot. Selase gains a +2 size bonus to Dexterity, a -2 size penalty to Strength (to a minimum of 1), and a +1 bonus on attack rolls and AC due to her reduced size.
OOC: I'm going to have to check my CM, but IIRC, Alacritous Cogitation is a 1/d trick.

Edit: It is 1/d, though I'd allow burning 2 AP for another use like most n/d abilities.

Last edited:

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Town Square Round 6

Weakened, but determined, Khensu growls with determination has he dredges up the power to smite evil once again. [2 AP spent for smite] This time the axe strikes true, and a silvery light bursts forth, almost blinding in its power. When the swing is finished, the charred remains of the entomber crumble to Khensu's feet, defeated. [AC 23 hits M7; 23 hp; foe drops]

Crying a cheer for his companion, Jarrith does something that will either be foolish or brave. Probably both. He rushes into the swarm of undead pummeling Selease, and with a practiced motion, tries to stem the flow of blood from the fallen warrior. But his concentration is broken by the flailing undead, and he feels the spell fail. [1d20+6-2=9 vs DC 15 fails; no AP used]

Hearing cries all around her, the ever pragmatic Jannis knew that things were not that bad. They could get worse. Much worse. Seeing her first target downed, she steps to get a clear shot at the most damaged one assailing her friend, and launches another acidic glob. With a foul sizzle, it burns away the rest of the undead, which collapses lifeless. [Move to P9; AC 16 ranged touch hits K8; 15 hp; foe drops]

Though dwindling in numbers, the zombies continue their mindless attacks, one against the embattled cleric, the other against the Stalker. As if in slow motion, the others watch their two companions fall beneath the blows! [10 hp Selase, 8 hp Jarrith; both dying]

To their horror, Khensu and Deallin both notice an unnatural grey pallor quickly overtaking their friends! Deallin sees dark black veins pumping in Selase and Jarrith, spreading... something.

A feral yowl escapes Marot, who fires more holy power at the zombies. The one nearest Jarrith suffers his wrath, and is almost knocked back by the blow. [AC 18 ranged touch hits K7; 13 hp]

Focusing on the right before him, Daellin uses his wand to heal Khensu. Warmth bolsters the paladin. [1 charge; 9 hp]

The warrior's lifeblood continues to flow, as does Selase's. [Fails to stabilize]

Town Square Round 7

attachment.php

K: 22 (21/47 hp, 0 smites, 0 lay on hands)
J: 18 (-2/26, dying, sickened, 1 turn checks left)
J: 16 (mirror image 11 rounds)
Z: 14 (L8: -55 [destroyed], J6: -9 [lightly wounded], K7: -31 [severely wounded], L9: -54 [destroyed], K8: -61 [destroyed], P9: -61 [destroyed], P8: -54 [destroyed], Q8: -56 [destroyed])
M: 13
D: 12 (20/31 hp)
E: 10 (-63 [destroyed])
A: 6 [dying]
S: 5 (-2/36 hp, dying, sickened, 2 rebukes left)

Map Key: A: Armored warrior, E: Dirt encrusted zombie, D: Daellin, d: Edi, h: Horse, h: Luminous, J: Jarrith, J: Janis, K: Khensu, M: Marot, S: Selase, Z: Plodding zombies
Conditions: White area is lit to 20'; grey area is shadowy to 40'. Red Border: rebuked (5 rounds), Cyan Border: mirror image, Green Border: sickened, Brown Border: entombed, Lime Border: entangled, Silver: dying.

Please indicate your actions for round 7.

Attachments

• E3-r6.jpg
    E3-r6.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 208

GwydapLlew

First Post
"Get them away! I'll draw the zombies off of them!" With that, Khensu moves forward with a snarl, and brings his axe down upon the zombie that had felled his brother-in-arms.

((OOC - Move to K6, Power Attack for 2 on K7. Hopefuly, that will drop him and let me cleave into the other one. I'll risk the AoO.))

Last edited:

drothgery

First Post
Daellin circles around behind the well, moving into position to use his wand to heal Selase and the warrior. (OOC: I couldn't get there with a single move even provoking AoOs, so taking a roundabout path to avoid them.)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads