• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

stonegod's Expedition to Castle Ravenloft: Ch. I [IC]

GwydapLlew

First Post
Sir Khensu Feral (16/47 hp, 0 smites, 0 lay on hands, 0 shifts)

"Luminous! To my side!" The paladin calls for his warhorse as he danced back from the zombies' grasp before returning their attacks with a lunging slash of his own.

((OOC - Attack the injured zombie, hopefully cleave over to our fallen comrade.))

James Heard

Explorer
Unhappy that the combat has outlasted her flexibility, Janis continues to toss acid globes at the zombies, briefly wondering what sort of surname she might earn in the popular press involving acid, if reporters lurked in the wings.

I'd kill them myself, even if I had to kill them twice because of this cursed town.

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
As the color of his skin continues to swirl, and his stomach churns with the acidic taste of bile... Jarrith begins crawling away from the scene. (Move action 1/2 speed to L11) He leans back against the wall of the building and his eyes close in pain. "By the voice... what has happened to this town?" He mumbles to himself as he sees through squinted eyes the remains of combat. The look of Selase now devolved into one of the those creatures makes him realize just how close he came to once again becoming one of them.

Jarrith shuts his eyes tight and tries to calm his breathing... then raises his hands and prays once more to the Flame. He exchanges one of his few remaining spells for a bit of additional healing (Spontaneously exchange Grave Strike for Cure Light Wounds: cast on self), and he feels the warmth of the Flame's embrace drive some of the ichor from his veins.

As the clangs of swords and the explosions of spells go off in the background, Jarrith rolls over and lies down. He needs a rest. For a long time. And with their friend Selase now lost to them, the hope of having healing at hand has been lost. As he lies there, he thinks to himself... I will sleep, and pray that if we are overcome... I am taken without my knowledge. Flame forgive me.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Town Square Round 9

Khensu called for his steed, and continued to press his attack. The blow looks close, but the tough skin of the zombie deflects the blow. [AC 15 misses]

The celestial steed prances forward, warding the fallen warrior with its body. [Move to K7]

Weak, sickened, and wounded, Jarrith drag's himself into the shadows, leaving to others what he cannot solve. He chants the words of a healing prayer, and the warmth strengthens him. [6 hp healed]

With a determined grimace, Janis lobs another blast of acid at the fiend. She snarls in frustration as the ebb of battle once again deters her efforts! [AC 8 ranged touch misses target in melee]

The paladin's armor once again protects him from the zombie's blows. [AC 17 misses]

Marot lets his holy fire fly, this time at his former companion. The blow knocks the shell of Selase back of step! [Natural 20. 14 hp]

Stepping back once more, Daellin targets what once was Selase. Her armor splinters two of the shots, but the third sinks deep. [AC 15, 15 miss; AC 25 hits; 12 hp before DR]

Oblivious to the blows of her former friends, Selase remains fixated on her hunger. The blow dents Khensu's armor, but is insufficient to harm him. [AC 18 misses]

Town Square Round 9

attachment.php

K: 22 (16/47 hp, 0 smites, 0 lay on hands)
J: 18 (9/26, prone, sickened, 1 turn checks left)
J: 15 (mirror image 9 rounds)
Z: 14 (L8: -55 [destroyed], J6: -29 [moderately wounded], K7: -47 [destroyed], L9: -54 [destroyed], K8: -61 [destroyed], P9: -61 [destroyed], P8: -54 [destroyed], Q8: -56 [destroyed])
M: 13
D: 12 (20/31 hp)
E: 10 (-63 [destroyed])
A: 6 [unconscious]
S: 5 (-47) [zombie; seriously wounded]

Map Key: A: Armored warrior, E: Dirt encrusted zombie, D: Daellin, d: Edi, h: Horse, h: Luminous, J: Jarrith, J: Janis, K: Khensu, M: Marot, S: Zombie Selase, Z: Plodding zombies
Conditions: White area is lit to 20'; grey area is shadowy to 40'. Red Border: rebuked (5 rounds), Cyan Border: mirror image, Green Border: sickened, Brown Border: entombed, Lime Border: entangled, Silver: dying, White: unconscious.

Please indicate your actions for round 10.

Attachments

• E3-r9.jpg
    E3-r9.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 210

GwydapLlew

First Post
"Destroy the abominations!" Khensu orders Luminous to battle as he wards off the assaults of the two zombies. The Flame protects me, it will not allow this evil to harm me. The shifter continues his assault on the zombie before him as he calls out for assistance. "I need healing!"

James Heard

Explorer
Not seeing how disrupting the natural order of things would aid in the combat, Janis once again considers how much fun it would be to write about her actions. Over and over, it must seem - not at all like any of the heroic romances that she favored as a child.

Well, she thought, in the romances it would have been one of those boneheaded Thanes falling to the disease instead of the sensible priestess of Vol.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Town Square Round 10

Determined, Khensu continues to weave his axe in front of him. However, his grip is wretched due to his battle sweat, and the axe fails to connect in time. [AC 11 misses]

Luminous prances forward, and bears down on the wounded zombie.It is crushed beneath the the blow! [AC 25 hits; 11 hp before DR; J6 drops]

Jarrith, weakened from the fight, remains propped against the wall. We must prevail. We cannot all become like... He cannot finish the thought.

The army of Jani's ire finally finds a target, and the acid dissolves much of her former comrade. [AC 21 ranged touch its target in melee; 11 hp]

Marot slides behind the paladin, and taps him with a wand. The warmth of the Flame's touch heals him. [9 hp]

Daellin's arms continue their magic, shots fired in a blur. One shaft finds its mark, but it is enough. Selase stumbles, gurgles once, then collapses once again to the dirt. Her death is final. [AC 23 hits; AC 17, 15 miss; 13 hp before DR; Selase drops]

End of Combat

The priestess of Vol falls to the broken cobblestones, black veins forever marring her once joyful face. In a corner, Jarrith coughs and spits up a black phlegm beyond natural bile, and the paladin pants in exertion. The Thaliost Six---Five now---peer around the suddenly quiet abattoir. They have won.

But at what cost?

Last edited:

GwydapLlew

First Post
Sir Khensu Feral

stonegod said:
The priestess of Vol falls to the broken cobblestones, black veins forever marring her once joyful face. In a corner, Jarrith coughs and spits up a black phlegm beyond natural bile, and the paladin pants in exertion. The Thaliost Six---Five now---peer around the suddenly quiet abattoir. They have won.

But at what cost?

Khensu staggers forward slightly as the exertion of the ongoing battle - had it only been a few minutes since they entered the town - caught up with him. His axe hung loosely in his hand as he moves towards the fallen body of thier comrade.

May the peace and purity of the Flame guide you to a better place. May you be reborn in its presence and shown the truths of the universe.

"Jarrith? Daellin? Are you both ... is everyone else alive?"

The shifter withdraws his wand of healing and presses it against his flesh, and let the healing power of the Flame wash over him.

((OOC - Use as many charges as necessary to heal back up to maximum.))

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads