• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Storms of Change, Part 2

GPEKO

First Post
Filbert

Filbert approaches the door with Dunathar, as he's eager to leave this place. He also tries to listen for anything usual and looks throught the keyhole, if there's one.

If they finds nothing, he'll turn to the others and say: "All right, I think the way is clear, let's go now ! We'll decipher this stuff in some other place !!!"

Seonaid

Explorer
When the knocking stops, Rowyn breathes a silent sigh of relief and lowers her crossbow fractionally. As it becomes apparent that they will be left undisturbed, she goes back to her deciphering. She nods in agreement with the others as they discuss the next action. "Perhaps we should leave the heavy things," she says quietly. "They would be cumbersome and noisy. I am not strong enough to carry them."

silentspace

First Post
Zanock picks up all the heavy items and stuffs them in a sack.

Opening the door carefully, you see a tray of food on the floor, with bread, meat and what look like pickles, and a jug of mead with some mugs. You figure its about lunch time.

OOC: Leaving?

Last edited:

Seonaid

Explorer
Rowyn stifles a nervous laugh when she sees the tray on the floor. I can't believe we got so worked up over that! She shudders slightly. "Let's get going!" she whispers to the others.

Last edited:

Verbatim

Explorer
Stepping foward, Dunathar pours himself half of mug and quickly drinks it down, savoring the taste of the drink and smiles down towards Filbert.

"Never have been one to pass on a free drink, and this one time, I'm willing to pretend it wasn't brought to me by the black heart's minions."

Leading the others out as quickly and as quietly as he can, Dunathar hopes they can get out here without any further delay.

silentspace

First Post
Just then the door at the end of the corridor opens, and Alyssa and Mirena step through holding torches. Seeing you, they rush up. You see that Mirena is injured, but alright. [6/8 hp] Exchanging information, you learn that two half-orcs came to the lookout post, to pick up the bound sentry for lunch. In the narrow confines of the lookout post, only Mirena could fight, but she managed to take both of the half-orcs down. She was injured badly, but drank her potion of cure light (she was given one by Darien, but has none left now.)

The bound sentry, seeing his two companions fall, started talking. The sentry said the tunnel leading up heads to another concealed lookout post at the top of the hill. There should be no more guards at that location. The tunnel leading down leads to two barracks rooms, the priest’s office, and a couple storage caverns. Each area should have about two to three guards, as the base is not full now. Alyssa and Mirena are glad to hear that you have already cleared out the barracks and the office. The half-orc said the last two storage caverns should have four sentries spread out between the two.

OOC: Adding Mirena to the Rogue's Gallery

Manzanita

First Post
Manzanita

"Looks like there may not be many left. I don't know if we can trust this one, although what he has said so far is true. I have no more combat spells. Does anyone want to continue here? I tend to think we should. There might be resources here we could seize. Good job killing those half-orcs, by the way, Mirena."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads