D&D 5E Strixhaven: Orientation

WotC has released an overview of the upcoming Strixhaven: A Curriculum of Chaos, as adventurers of levels 1-10 uncover a plot against the university. Teased are activities like tavern games, a magical frog race, an improv festival, and other social encounters. You can also take exams to improve your skills, join clubs, or get jobs. Also included is a bestiary of over 40 new creatures...

WotC has released an overview of the upcoming Strixhaven: A Curriculum of Chaos, as adventurers of levels 1-10 uncover a plot against the university. Teased are activities like tavern games, a magical frog race, an improv festival, and other social encounters. You can also take exams to improve your skills, join clubs, or get jobs.

Also included is a bestiary of over 40 new creatures.

Screen Shot 2021-11-09 at 6.13.51 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-11-09 at 6.15.52 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-11-09 at 6.16.31 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-11-09 at 6.18.06 PM.png

The Bibloplex contains most of the information in the multiverse. Plenty of other locations fill the book, such as Captain Dapplewing's Manor, a mansion built for the university professors. One adventure has the PCs breaking into the manor. Another adventure involves the main Strixhaven student sport, Mage Tower.

Screen Shot 2021-11-09 at 6.18.48 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-11-09 at 6.23.21 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-11-09 at 6.22.35 PM.png

eyeheartawk

#1 Enworld Jerk™
Please note the legally distinct version of Quidditch there.

I hate the idea of MTG books in D&D (as they exist at the expense of other possible settings being published being the cynical cross-promotion exercises they are). But, I did end up picking up Worse Sigil Ravnica and Theros because there are bits and pieces that I found useful on some level.

I don't think that will be happening here. This will be first release I'm skipping. If this is your bag, then more power to you.

Yeah. Not for me from what I've seen. I think my purchasing of wotc dnd5 adventures is at an end. Bought them all up to Frostmaiden and no plans since. Luckily there's lots other publishers and create your own!!

Last edited:

Remove ads

Remove ads