D&D 5E Strixhaven Table of Contents

Strixhaven's table of contents has appeared on Reddit. The book contains 7 chapters, plus an appendix, including four adventures.
  1. Basic setting information, about 20 pages
  2. Character options, about 22 pages
  3. 4 adventures organized in a unified campaign, about 32 pages per adventure (plus general campaign organizational tools which take up about 20 pages)
  4. NPCs & monsters, about 42 pages

1637967129304.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Kurotowa

Legend
Always with the tons of adventures when people have been wanting the opposite --- more game material and less adventures. :cautious:
You know, there's always a few people saying that, but personally I'm enjoying this era of quality over quantity. Tasha's Cauldron has as much good stuff as a year or two of 3e release schedule books, and at a fraction of the cost. Besides, given the sales numbers for Curse of Strahd, it seems people very much do want books like this.

darjr

I crit!
You know, there's always a few people saying that, but personally I'm enjoying this era of quality over quantity. Tasha's Cauldron has as much good stuff as a year or two of 3e release schedule books, and at a fraction of the cost. Besides, given the sales numbers for Curse of Strahd, it seems people very much do want books like this.
And the sales of the last adventure. But also the sales of the Dragon book are also off the charts compared to the others, well except maybe the PHB. Though it's tops of the PHB now. It's been in the 100 + sales rank on Amazon for a while now. Started in preorder.

BUT. I think that is a testament to how good it is vs some kind of need for MOAR books of its kind. Quality over quantity and it shows in the sales.

Weiley31

Legend
Honestly, I have no probs with a book being an adventure path/campaign if it has some form of crunch to mine for in the beginning sections of the book. Wilds Beyond the Witchlight gives us the Rabbit G-Haregon and Fairy for Dungeons and Dragons as well as two backgrounds. Not much but it's still something. Strixhaven is giving us a bit more crunch to cherry pick which is great.

AdmundfortGeographer

Getting lost in fantasy maps
Feels like it was easiest to rip out the rules crunch of subclasses that accept multiple classes and swap in an adventure to make Covid-affected publish dates.

And the sales of the last adventure. But also the sales of the Dragon book are also off the charts compared to the others, well except maybe the PHB. Though it's tops of the PHB now. It's been in the 100 + sales rank on Amazon for a while now. Started in preorder.

BUT. I think that is a testament to how good it is vs some kind of need for MOAR books of its kind. Quality over quantity and it shows in the sales.
Hopefully we'll see that sort of focused monster book in the future, instead of the "lets pick random groups of monsters" strategy of VGtM and MtoF, I mean, they weren't awful (although some of the flavor text in Volo's might now raise an eyebrow or two now), but they were just so scattershot. VGtM would have worked better if they had just stuck to humanoids, and MToF to extra-planar creatures. Hopefully the success of FToD means more focused books like it in the future (of course, its success is almost certainly due in part to "Dragons" being in the title, but that doesn't invalidate my main point!)

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases