Sundering & Weapon Stats

Benben

First Post
Does anybody know of a online source that lists the hardness and hit points for weapons?

I know of the hardness/hit point table for weapons in the SRD and Core rulebooks but I would like to have this information incoporated into a standard weapons table.

And while I'm asking for information, what's the hardness and hit points of a standard spiked chain?

Steverooo

First Post
Benben said:
And while I'm asking for information, what's the hardness and hit points of a standard spiked chain?

I'd say Hardness:10 and Hit Points:5, just like the standard chain (PHB:126). Also Break (STR) DC:26. Manacles are the same, except for 10 HPs. Masterwork Manacles changes nothing but the break DC (28).

Benben

First Post
Thanks Steverooo, that's about what I did at the last game so I don't feel too bad now.

Am I the only one who thinks that this sort of information should be included in the weapons table or at least the item description for all weapons?

Planesdragon

First Post
Benben said:
Am I the only one who thinks that this sort of information should be included in the weapons table or at least the item description for all weapons?

No. That's actually a great idea.

I'll suggest it to the folk working on the Prometheus Reference Document. (see signature) It's a few weeks yet until we get to the equipment chapter, but adding in "standard hardness and HP" sounds like it would fit in great with PRD's design philosiphy of "utility."

Ylis

First Post
Benben said:

Heck no! I was thinking the same thing! I think it's just one of those things that *most* people tend to forget about, or fail to use. I try to use the hardness/hp of items to keep that edge of reality to my games. Instead of the "infinite armor/weapons" thing, I make armor get dented and beat up, weapons nicked, etc...it makes the PCs a little more careful about the fights they pick, and it makes their chain mail, etc a little more valuable to them....

So, I'm with you! These should be added to the weapons/armor charts, I think!

If anyone knows of an online source, etc that puts everything together, please post it on this thread for those of us that care ;)

Thanks for the thread, Benben...

Remove ads