• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Superheroes of the Trust Game Thread

DM_Matt

First Post

You were having a pretty good week, having brought a personal nemesis to justice a few days previous. You turn on the evening news, secretly hoping to see yourself yet again, though feeling a little guilty about it. Unfortunately, the flood of bad news quickly knocked your accomplishments out of the news cycle. As you lay back in your chair, that which you haven't accomplished, the evils that you haven't vanquished, wash over you. As you flip through the channels, the bad news just keeps on coming.

"...In local news, Civil rights activist Reverend Jerry Johnson and his wife were found dead today in their Freedom City home...In a letter to the Daily Herald, the Supervillain White Knight claimed responsibility for the murders, saying...."

"...In what is sure to be seen as an escalation of the feud between the Cholos and the Mafia, Michael "Mikey Riggs" Rigatti, son of reputed crime boss Tony "The Tiger' Rigatti, was found with his throat torn out near his West End home. Tensions between the Mexican-American Lycan Gang and the Mafia have been running high over the past few months due to a territorial dispute. Through his lawyer Paul Shepherd, Numero Uno, leader of the Cholos, issued a statement denying involvement in the killing and offering, and I quote "his sincerest condolences to the Rigatti family..."

"...In international news, more depressing tales out of the Darfur region of Sudan today, where reportedly the superteam African Brotherhood of Peace was slain in a failed attempt to stop the Janjaweed from releasing the necromancer Barunga-Na from his extradimensional prison...Likely, this sets the stage for the first use of undead soldiers since the Protocol of Final Rest was passed as an addendum to the Fifth Geneva Convention, banning the use of the undead for military purposes..."

"...Coordinated Spontaneous Combustion attacks struck Tel Aviv elementary schools today, killing 48...Farfour the Murder Mouse has claimed responsibility for the attacks..."

"...In South London, Super-psycho Jack the Raper struck again last night..."

..."Good Evening, Hero,"
says an unfamiliar man on the television in a very deep voice. He looks to be a statuesque, chisled, muscular man...made of some kind of living metal. *Click* You try to change the channel. He is on the next one, too. *Click* Still there. "The world is a dangerous place, as anyone who watches the news can attest. But you have begun to do your part. To distinguish yourself. We have taken notice of you. We wish to offer you an opportunity. Heroes can accomplish great things alone, but far greater things in groups. Groups of heroes can accomplish great things, but groups with the right resources, connections, and organization can truly change the world, and turn back the rising tide of evil. It is this that I offer you. It you are willing to pledge yourself to bringing super-criminals of all varieties to justice, then at midnight, go to parking lot 17 of the Freedom Colosseum, and find a black van with the license plate 7DX510B. There will be a keypad on the side. Type your Social Security Number into it, and it will open. Go inside, and close the door behind you. Others like you will come. At 12:30, you will receive directions as to where to drive to meet us. Now, back to your regularly-scheduled programming." You regain control of the television.

Last edited:

Elric

First Post
Johnny Nitro was having a pretty good week, having single-handedly subdued Bonesaw, a professional wrestler turned temporarily superhumanly strong berserker by [GM's choice of unfortunate incidents], a few days previous. He turned on the evening news, secretly hoping to see himself yet again and feeling not even the slightest twinge of guilt about it.

Unfortunately, the flood of bad news quickly knocked his accomplishments out of the news cycle. As he lay back in his chair, that which he hasn't accomplished, the butts of evil-doers that he hasn't yet kicked, washes over him. As he flips through the channels, the bad news and unkicked butts of evil-doers just keep on coming...

...He regains control of the television.

"Wow" thinks Johnny Nitro. "I wonder if I could get abs like that."

Then it hits him. He's just been offered a free pass into the major leagues of superhero-dom. Heck, he had to win a reality TV show to even get into the minor leagues of wrestling. Now he just shows up and gets into the major leagues. This being a superhero is going to be a piece of cake. With that, he calls his girlfriend Melina, still based in Los Angeles, to tell her the good news.

He was replaced on team MNM (Mercury, Nitro, Melina) by Orlando Jordan and somehow team MOM just doesn't sounds quite as good. Never mind that- he's going to be on a new team now- Nitro and less good-looking heroes (NALGH? He'll have to work on that).

Edit- Bonesaw, not Bonerazor.

Last edited:

Raylis

First Post

Amanda was having a pretty good week, finally put Glowbug (a light controller, theamatically opposed to Nightweaver). The evening news, was on, one ear open for the story instead of truly paying attention. Unfortunately, the flood of bad news quickly knocked your accomplishments out of the news cycle. Sitting at the desk, assignment forgotton, all that that she hasn't accomplished, the evils that she hasn't vanquished, wash over her. Flipping through the channels, the bad news just keeps on coming.

Then that voice, that man.

"The world is a dangerous place, as anyone who watches the news can attest. But you have begun to do your part. To distinguish yourself. We have taken notice of you. We wish to offer you an opportunity. Heroes can accomplish great things alone, but far greater things in groups. Groups of heroes can accomplish great things, but groups with the right resources, connections, and organization can truly change the world, and turn back the rising tide of evil. It is this that I offer you. It you are willing to pledge yourself to bringing super-criminals of all varieties to justice, then at midnight, go to parking lot 17 of the Freedom Colosseum, and find a black van with the license plate 7DX510B. There will be a keypad on the side. Type your Social Security Number into it, and it will open. Go inside, and close the door behind you. Others like you will come. At 12:30, you will receive directions as to where to drive to meet us. Now, back to your regularly-scheduled programming."

Midnight. They were asking alot, but they were offering a lot. Entering her SSN would mean the metal man and those he represented would know her identity would have a hold over her. But then again they obviously already somehow knew-Televisions don't just interrupt themselves (unless it's that Point of View kid) and afterall, isn't this what she set out to do. Amanda willed her organic costume over her-not quite a symbiont but not quite not one either- changing persona as she changed clothes. Turning the television, the only source of light in the room, off Nightweaver headed off to the Colosseum-and the appointment.

Fenris2

First Post
"Hmmm now just a bit more soy sauce," thought Joesph, or Mr. Wu as he appeared now, while he cooked with three TVs rambling on across the room from him. He managed to pay attention to all three at the same time. Being an Angel was darn handy when it came to catching up on a few thousand years of down time. He almost had the modern dialect right, but a lot of the new things were still more academic knowledge than truly understood... He thought, "No Suzy don't go with the audience on that one"... "What depressing news CNN has on. A sure sign of work left to do." and "I can make money from home selling what again in my spare time?" Then all three picture boxes showed the same image which caused him to pause.

DM_Matt said:

..."Good Evening, Hero,"
says an unfamiliar man on the television in a very deep voice. He looks to be a statuesque, chisled, muscular man...made of some kind of living metal. *Click* You try to change the channel. He is on the next one, too. *Click* Still there. "The world is a dangerous place, as anyone who watches the news can attest. But you have begun to do your part. To distinguish yourself. We have taken notice of you. We wish to offer you an opportunity. Heroes can accomplish great things alone, but far greater things in groups. Groups of heroes can accomplish great things, but groups with the right resources, connections, and organization can truly change the world, and turn back the rising tide of evil. It is this that I offer you. It you are willing to pledge yourself to bringing super-criminals of all varieties to justice, then at midnight, go to parking lot 17 of the Freedom Colosseum, and find a black van with the license plate 7DX510B. There will be a keypad on the side. Type your Social Security Number into it, and it will open. Go inside, and close the door behind you. Others like you will come. At 12:30, you will receive directions as to where to drive to meet us. Now, back to your regularly-scheduled programming." You regain control of the television.

"How... interesting. I have never seen the picture boxes errr... TVs do that. They know my secret identity, but did not do anything hostile with it yet. Could it be a trap for... No. If it were devils or fallen angels they would be at my door by now. Alright then, if these are fellow champions of light, then virtuous allies might be a plus. If not, then I will deal with that as may be (strokes absently at a gold ring on his right hand) regardless of the consequences."

After finishing his stir fry, Joesph went out to feed his koi fish as he contenplated just who that metalic looking man may have been...

OOC: Woot! First use of abilities. Gather Info/Well Informed taking 10... for 20.

Last edited:

James Heard

Explorer

It was a pretty good week. The Gambali crime family was headed to court once again, no thanks to the high tech thugs they employed and one more of the big players in organized crime was crippled by the direct action of the city's new Spirit.

You couldn't blame a gal for feeling a little smug.

Still, the ratty office she lived in spoke volumes about the truth of the matter. She turned on the ancient black and white television set that her grandfather no doubt had been very proud of, and scanned the local news.

Bad news. Nothing but bad news.

Jessica sighed.

"Way to rain on my parade, guys," she mumbled as she made to turn off the set.

..."Good Evening, Hero,"
said an unfamiliar man on the television in a very deep voice.

Jessica tried to switch him off, but he was on every single channel.

"The world is a dangerous place, as anyone who watches the news can attest. But you have begun to do your part. To distinguish yourself. We have taken notice of you. We wish to offer you an opportunity. Heroes can accomplish great things alone, but far greater things in groups. Groups of heroes can accomplish great things, but groups with the right resources, connections, and organization can truly change the world, and turn back the rising tide of evil. It is this that I offer you. It you are willing to pledge yourself to bringing super-criminals of all varieties to justice, then at midnight, go to parking lot 17 of the Freedom Colosseum, and find a black van with the license plate 7DX510B. There will be a keypad on the side. Type your Social Security Number into it, and it will open. Go inside, and close the door behind you. Others like you will come. At 12:30, you will receive directions as to where to drive to meet us. Now, back to your regularly-scheduled programming."

Jessica frowned. It could be a trap, and it was certain her careful blinds to protect her secret identity had been defeated by someone. At the very least, the mysterious man had earned himself a investigation ...by the Spirit.

DM_Matt

First Post
Fenris2 said:
"Hmmm now just a bit more soy sauce," thought Joesph, or Mr. Wu as he appeared now, while he cooked with three TVs rambling on across the room from him. He managed to pay attention to all three at the same time. Being an Angel was darn handy when it came to catching up on a few thousand years of down time. He almost had the modern dialect right, but a lot of the new things were still more academic knowledge than truly understood... He thought, "No Suzy don't go with the audience on that one"... "What depressing news CNN has on. A sure sign of work left to do." and "I can make money from home selling what again in my spare time?" Then all three picture boxes showed the same image which caused him to pause.

"How... interesting. I have never seen the picture boxes errr... TVs do that. They know my secret identity, but did not do anything hostile with it yet. Could it be a trap for... No. If it were devils or fallen angels they would be at my door by now. Alright then, if these are fellow champions of light, then virtuous allies might be a plus. If not, then I will deal with that as may be (strokes absently at a gold ring on his right hand) regardless of the consequences."

After finishing his stir fry, Joesph went out to feed his koi fish as he contenplated just who that metalic looking man may have been...

OOC: Woot! First use of abilities. Gather Info/Well Informed taking 10... for 20.

Joseph cannot identify the specific individual, but he has heard of a number of living mineral creatures in his time. Back in the day animated statues were relatively common among magical types, and in the present, he has heard whispers about super-science attempts at using nanotechnology to create living beings out of what would appear to be liquid metal, though what is in actuality made up of millions of nanobots.

DM_Matt

First Post
NOTE; players should post their actions up until the point where they require interaction with a GM-controlled entity or up until they arrive at the parking lot.

Elric

First Post
Johnny Nitro realizes that if he's going to the first-meeting of a new super-team, he's got to look his best. He jumps in the shower for long enough to sing through "Simply the Best". Then he puts on his favorite outfit- a fur coat, gold chains, blue jeans with an oversized WWE Tag Team Champion belt-buckle, and tops it off with a feather boa.

He pretty much looks like this

He considers wearing his sunglasses too, but remembers the large dent he made in a local dumpster with an errant jump one sunglass-wearing night. He's not sure the dumpster can take another hit of that ferocity, so he leaves the sunglasses behind. With that, he takes off in football field sized leaps and bounds for the parking lot of the hour.

Last edited:

James Heard

Explorer
Not needing any particular preparations, Jessica makes her way out of the discreet alleyway abode she "inherited" from her grandfather and flies around the area a bit looking for anything out of the ordinary that might have been aimed at her ancient television set with wiseguys hanging around it. Unfortunately, she really doesn't have much of a clue what anything like that might look like.

Eventually she shrugs and races off toward the meeting spot at top speed, shifting her normally solid form to the merest shadow of its regular self and dialing her normally pale coloration down to a bleak, egg-shell white - the white blur in the night sky would help other flyers at night see her at a distance and not be as freaked out if she did something peculiar like fly right through them.

Arriving at the stadium, she takes the opportunity to do a fly-through of the surrounding area as well, this a little slower. Hopefully any goons waiting in the shadows will take their cue and show the insubstantial Spirit with bullets, and seal their doom preemptively.

Fenris2

First Post
DM_Matt said:
Joseph cannot identify the specific individual, but he has heard of a number of living mineral creatures in his time. Back in the day animated statues were relatively common among magical types, and in the present, he has heard whispers about super-science attempts at using nanotechnology to create living beings out of what would appear to be liquid metal, though what is in actuality made up of millions of nanobots.

Joesph finished feeding his koi as he droped the last few crumbs of zuchini stir fry to red and laughed as his favorite koi said in fish speak, "look at me! Look at me! I can jump and swim and I am wonderful." And then looked at his watch and grinned as watches still made him smile. To think humans now tracked seconds! Well it was starting to get dark, and there was nothing wrong with scouting this meeting ahead of time. Nothing wrong at all.

He made his way back inside still wonering at the means that were used to find him, and not at all comfortable about it. He picked up his bus pass and his new credit card. And how amazing those were! Perhaps there were no miracles now a days but look what humans did on their own. Chuckle. Lost in thought he quiped, he best be careful lest it drift to his... past.

And so he made his way to the local large rectangular wagon place.. ah bus stop, and waited to catch a ride closer to downtown. Once near the Coloseium he exited the bus and went toward a convient alley way to morph back into Angel form in and then went air borne to scout the collesium, to see if the van was early, or to see if anyone else was there already.

OOC: Notice +14, with detect hidden, immune to obscure and confuse and such from true sight running

Last edited:

Remove ads