• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Superheroes of the Trust Game Thread

Elric

First Post
A fan! And another good-looking woman. This group is going to have a bevy of babes.

"The one and only! Well met, Viridian! But isn't Viridian supposed to be a bluish-green? I guess "forest green" wouldn't have been as good a name for a superhero. Still, compliments on the fashion sense."

Nitro realizes that his sea-otter fur boa is being looked at slightly askance- maybe they're members of Peta?- so he puts it away in an inner pocket of his jacket.

James Heard

Explorer
Someone invited the Nacho Man, just great.

' I try to keep a low profile," Jessica explains to the college student in the leather jacket and mask.

' I'm not really sure what I'm looking for, but if I see anything that screams exploding superheroes I'll give everyone a head's up.

The maskless woman's features rapidly flutter through several colors as she sinks into the pavement up to her neck and she glides underneath the van, looking upward at the undercarriage for anything particularly obvious before slowly risking a phantom pass-through of the vehicle.

Shayuri

First Post
Vi coughs a little self-consciously and lets the cloak open, revealing the simple green gown underneath. Before it had been emerald green, but now it was tinged distinctly bluish as well.

"Just accessorizing," she replies, then focuses on the van. "I'm not too hung up on the whole costumed avenger of the night thing. The mask, the name, it's just to keep things separate. And because it would be pretty hard to take me seriously if you saw what I was really..." she trails off. "...what I usually wore as a normal person," Thess finishes.

"Anyway! No one's going into the van yet....oh, wait, yes you are..." Viridian waits for Spirit to look around, then asks, "Anything I should know about, or shall I be the first to try the keypad?"

She moves to the door, but waits to hear what the others have to say before entering her number.

Victim

First Post
No, that'd be out of season. Hmm, looks like everyone else wanted to get here early too. Well, I might as well head down. Megan thinks, fumbling around for her pen and then diving. Damn, she's fast to beat me down as some unknown blue? woman combined flight and phasing.

Lacking intangibility, she stopped short of impact and abruptly ended her headfirst dive.

"I'm not sure checking for explosives is really necessary. It'd likely be much easier to kill us all separately, and via different means so that no connection would be drawn between our deaths," Megan adds, before righting herself and landing.

"I'm Shooting Star, by the way." Hmm, I don't recognize anyone. That's not exactly encouraging. Wait...

"Are you that wrestler guy who burned himself?" ... Did he burn himself experimenting with his powers? Is everyone new? Uh-oh. I suppose I can forgive a stupid outfit, given what I'm wearing. But: "You don't have fire powers, do you?" she blurts out.

Stepping foward towards the keypad, Shooting Star asks "If there are no further complaints or if no one wants a chance to back off," glancing toward Spirit, "I'd like to punch my number in now."

Victim

First Post
"Okay, thank you."

"Are you ready?" she asks, waiting to see if Spirit was satisfied with the results of her inspection.

(assuming no problems): Megan carefully poked at the keypad with the pen clutched awkwardly in her fist, trying to use her short cape to screen her arm.

"By the way, how long have you been doing the superhero thing?" she asks the group. "I started a few months ago."

DM_Matt

First Post
Victim said:
"Okay, thank you."

"Are you ready?" she asks, waiting to see if Spirit was satisfied with the results of her inspection.

(assuming no problems): Megan carefully poked at the keypad with the pen clutched awkwardly in her fist, trying to use her short cape to screen her arm.

"By the way, how long have you been doing the superhero thing?" she asks the group. "I started a few months ago."

Spirit doesn't find anything worth noting, though she really is not well-suited to look. She is much better suited,however, to take a bomb blast if she found something the hard way.

Nothing explodes, so Megan types her code in. The door does not open. Instead, it seems to suck her in, teleporting her to its interior. Once inside it seems that the large black van has two seats up front, then two pairs of double seats within, and a small center aisle. There are computer consoles on the dashboard and the seat backs, such that everyone can have one. Below the computers are attached boxes containing assorted minor equipment -- pistols, ammunition, PDAs, flashlights, multitools, commlinks, etc.* The back of the van is empty other than closed black containers on each side. Your names on the screens imply assigned seating.

The van's windows are so well-tinted that normally no one can see in, but Joseph's angelic sight can penetrate that, so he sees that megan is safely inside.

*Free Equiptment 4. The loadout is as follows...
1 multitool (1ep), 1 set of masterwork handcuffs (2ep), 1 commlink (1ep), 1 (idealized) iPhone (masterwork computer, cell phone, camera 4ep), 1 flashlight (1ep), 1 SigSaur P226 9mm masterwork heavy pistol w/silencer, laser sight, and ammo (11ep, +4dmg, +2 to attack)

Elric

First Post
"Boy", thinks Nitro, "it's me, four hot superhero babes, and an Angel who's probably taken a vow of chastity. I'm really set now."

Johnny Nitro starts humming "It Ain't Necessarily So". On second thought, that probably isn't nice to Angel, so he stops (after humming a recognizable portion).

He turns to Shooting Star and grins
"Burned myself, indeed. But that was about six months ago- I guess it did get wall to wall coverage in the media. Don't tell anyone, but I don't have fire powers. I only claimed the injury was the result of experimenting with my "flaming dragon punch" when I announced I had superpowers so that no one would find out the truth" (he winks)

"It wasn't that bad but I'd take a flurry of punches from a crazed berserker Bonesaw anyday"

Victim

First Post
Johnny Nitro said:
Burned myself, indeed. But that was about six months ago- I guess it did get wall to wall coverage in the media. Don't tell anyone, but I don't have fire powers. I only claimed the injury was the result of experimenting with my "flaming dragon punch" when I announced I had superpowers so that no one would find out the truth" (he winks)

"It wasn't that bad but I'd take a flurry of punches from a crazed berserker Bonesaw anyday

"I can sympathize with that attitude," she says, fidgeting.

The door does not open. Instead, it seems to suck her in, teleporting her to its interior. Once inside it seems that the large black van has two seats up front, then two pairs of double seats within, and a small center aisle. There are computer consoles on the dashboard and the seat backs, such that everyone can have one. Below the computers are attached boxes containing assorted minor equipment -- pistols, ammunition, PDAs, flashlights, multitools, commlinks, etc. The back of the van is empty other than closed black containers on each side. Your names on the screens imply assigned seating.

The van's windows are so well-tinted that normally no one can see in, but Joseph's angelic sight can penetrate that, so he sees that megan is safely inside.

"Sh__"

Nothing here. Whew. That was surprising. Teleportation?

Shooting Star casually flew around the interior of the van, using her enhanced speed to quickly check out the computers, assigned seating and equipment - with the noted exception of the gun.

Assigned seating? I had better be driving. Hmm, I hope this stuff is durable; most stuff I fly with breaks way too easily. Why are there guns? An iPhone? - I thought the touch screen interface didn't work with gloves, which I wear pretty much all the time. Aren't silencers illegal?

After spending a few moments looking things over, she'll head up front and see how those still outside are doing. Then Megan will tap on the windows with her pen.

James Heard

Explorer
Teleportation devices? Who the hell spends the money to slap an Econoline together with a teleportation device?

" I think our hosts have more budget than sense," Spirit says as she taps numbers into the keypad.

" Which really isn't all that surprising given the guy's obsessive compulsive thing with contacting people through their television sets rather than just sending a piece of mail or something. I guess he thought writing the invitation in the sky with gigantic letters made of fire would be too gauche."

Who is the guy trying to impress, and why?

Remove ads