• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Superheroes of the Trust Game Thread

James Heard

Explorer
" I passed my driver's test, but to be honest I've never really been much more than a passenger. You all might be safer if I sat back here."

Spirit leans back lazily, to show she's not kidding.

" As for myself..." Jessica shrugs.

" I'm just following up on men who had the best of intentions I guess. Mostly I deal with wiseguys," she says, her face twisting into a plethora of real and imagined famous mobsters.

" That's not as cut and dried as it sounds these days though. Crime is a business, and business is always on the look out for talent."

Jessica looks at the "angel" guy.

Forbidden love? If he starts making out with the Nacho Libre guy....

Spirit makes a face. Ewww, give the guy with wings a little credit.

Jessica grins.

Shayuri

First Post
"I'm a witch," Thessaly volunteers. "I do what white witches have always done. It's all about protecting people from what they can't protect themselves against, and trying to help them find their way when they're lost. Literally or metaphorically."

She nods at Shooting Star. "And yes, that means I cast spells. Magic."

"I've called myself Viridian so far, when I call myself anything at all. I may need something a bit snappier though if I'm going to go public."

James Heard

Explorer
" So do you have a broom? Any close friends who kill vampires?" Spirit asks somewhat humorously.

" I used to love Bewitched. That Samantha was quite a character," she continues without pausing.

Raylis

First Post
Nightweaver sits and listens to the conversation around her, the introductions, the explainations, the theories. She remains silent, taking in the information and not adding any of her own.

Victim

First Post
Yeah, let's just get away from the whole killing people discussion. "We'll probably have to repeat ourselves once everyone arrives, but I fly around quickly and fire plasma orbs," Shooting Star lamely explains. "As far as why, it seems - especially in Freedom City of all places - like people with powers are supposed to be superheroes." Anti-Medea and the angel-like guy's random grab bag of powers make my abilities feel kind of sad. Even after all that - Don't dwell on it!

Thessaly said:
And yes, that means I cast spells. Magic.

"I've called myself Viridian so far, when I call myself anything at all. I may need something a bit snappier though if I'm going to go public."

"I'm not doubting your powers," she replies, maintaining a neutral tone. "Merely the classification. Viridian sounds pretty cool to me, by the way."

"You know, it may have been a good idea to work out a signal the first people could use before half of us came through," Shooting Star observes.

Shayuri

First Post
Under the mask, Thessaly nods at Star. "Thanks."

She glances at Spirit.

"I have a broom, I use it to sweep the floor. Never met a vampire, but between me and my friends, I'd probably be the one to kill it. Present company excepted, of course. And I haven't really watched the TV show, but the movie was awful."

Thess lets that dangle a moment, then says, "I know that the word witch has a lot of baggage hanging on it. Even in an age of miracles, when men and women fly around shooting fire and whatnot at each other, it's still hard for people to accept. Accepting magic means you have to question everything you thought you knew, so it's okay if you're skeptical, or if you want to mock. It's nothing I haven't heard before."

"Just understand that if we do wind up working together, eventually you will have to work what I do into whatever system you believe in."

She cracks a smile. "And don't worry, no beheading chickens or dancing around naked. I'm not out to challenge sensibilities quite -that- much."

James Heard

Explorer
Spirit shrugs.

" Whatever you like. I'm not going to judge unless someone gets hurt."

She turns to the quiet girl in black.

" Do you talk, are you taking notes, or do you simply think that not participating in the conversation makes for a successful 'strong/silent' routine? Tell us about yourself."

Shayuri

First Post
"Oh yes, you're clearly free of judgement," Thess says wryly. She looks out the window and spies Nitro and some...thing else out there.

"Come on, you two...what are you waiting for...?"

James Heard

Explorer
Spirit shrugs.

" What can I say? I'm not the one wearing a cape. I always figured that it would just be something else to catch on fire or have someone fling me around with," she says, her face scrunching up.

" Maybe Hulk Hogan is waiting for someone to announce him before he enters the vehicle."

Fenris2

First Post
Blind Azathoth said:
Salix sits in the center of his small apartment, meditating.
He approaches the angel and the wrestler with some trepidation. "My name is Salix," he says as he nears the pair, in a soft and airy voice that does not seem fitting for a seven-foot-tall tree creature. "Were you also summoned here?"

OOC: Hmm, I will assume Angel talks to Salix before he goes in the van

The Angel says, "Yes, but I only came for the free pizza *chuckle*."

Then thinking that the plant man might not catch humor, "We all recieved the message and welcome to our patchwork crew. I am going to head in now. Feel free to come on in when you want..."

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads