D&D 5E Support oriented Fighting Styles

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
Wolf Pack Tactics
When an ally moves adjacent to and attacks an enemy you are already adjacent to, that ally gains Advantage on the attack. When you hit an adjacent enemy, one ally adjacent to the same enemy can Disengage from it as a Reaction.
Reads like a middle ground between the 3.5e feat and the 4e power.

Tony Vargas

Legend
What we haven't gotten was a support/leader oriented fighting style. But what could one be?
What are your ideas?
White Raven
When an ally who can hear you hits an enemy, that ally can use it's bonus action that turn to Dash or Disengage. When use your Action to Dash on your turn, allies who can see you may use a Reaction to move, as long as that movement ends closer to you.

Striking Viper
When you use your action for any purpose other than making attacks, you can use your bonus action to make a melee attack. When you and an ally are both adjacent to an enemy, that enemy provokes opportunity attacks when moving away from either of you, even if disengaging or using a special movement normally exempt from opportunity attacks. (If more than one ally is adjacent to an enemy with you, you choose which one gains the benefit.)

Xeviat

Hero
White Raven
When an ally who can hear you hits an enemy, that ally can use it's bonus action that turn to Dash or Disengage. When use your Action to Dash on your turn, allies who can see you may use a Reaction to move, as long as that movement ends closer to you.

Striking Viper
When you use your action for any purpose other than making attacks, you can use your bonus action to make a melee attack. When you and an ally are both adjacent to an enemy, that enemy provokes opportunity attacks when moving away from either of you, even if disengaging or using a special movement normally exempt from opportunity attacks. (If more than one ally is adjacent to an enemy with you, you choose which one gains the benefit.)

My only concern with some of these is that they could be stacked my warriors multiclassing. At least the offensive fighting styles are mutually exclusive.

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
My only concern with some of these is that they could be stacked my warriors multiclassing. At least the offensive fighting styles are mutually exclusive.
Say you have Dueling and Defense, and are carrying a shield and a longsword while wearing armor...you get Defense's "+1 bonus to AC" AND Dueling's "+2 bonus to damage rolls". and coincidentally the benefits both apply and are not on the same things. Abilities which benefit positioning and the like seem appropriate to stack similarly

Xeviat

Hero
Say you have Dueling and Defense, and are carrying a shield and a longsword while wearing armor...you get Defense's "+1 bonus to AC" AND Dueling's "+2 bonus to damage rolls". and coincidentally the benefits both apply and are not on the same things. Abilities which benefit positioning and the like seem appropriate to stack similarly

I suppose this is the designer in me. I would have preferred these be more like stances and also to have had them be more consequential.

Tony Vargas

Legend
I suppose this is the designer in me. I would have preferred these be more like stances and also to have had them be more consequential.
It is a little silly, at times, the way D&D pushes fairly mundane uses of weapons to exclusive choices at chargen/level-up.

I discarded several ideas because 'locking' them in style seemed wrong.

Last edited:

Tony Vargas

Legend
Nothing too tactical remember this is 5e boys!
I am running into little roadblocks, there, too. 5e is very much Fight Harder, not Smarter, seems like. ;)

Hammer & Anvil
When you and an ally are both adjacent to the same enemy, and one of you attacks with advantage, if the results of both dice would hit, the other may also roll damage against the enemy as if he had hit.

Bravura Spirit
When you us your Action Surge, your allies who can see you gain an additional reaction they can use before the start of your next turn. When you use the attack action, you can choose to grant Advantage to an enemy you attack until the start of your next turn. If that enemy attacks you with Advantage, it provokes an attack of opportunity from any of your allies adjacent to it.

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
I am running into little roadblocks, there, too. 5e is very much Fight Harder, not Smarter, seems like. ;)
Int is the fighters dump stat remember.... can't have them uppity jocks pretending they can actually think. The Tactical Warlord is the one in the cold really.

Bravura Spirit
When you us your Action Surge, your allies who can see you gain an additional reaction they can use before the start of your next turn. When you use the attack action, you can choose to grant Advantage to an enemy you attack until the start of your next turn. If that enemy attacks you with Advantage, it provokes an attack of opportunity from any of your allies adjacent to it.
I like that all around ... extension of the action surge and the increase in reactions for allies... Bravura is the bold Warlord fits 5e, and a Charisma flavored one to boot,

Remove ads