• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Surviving Apocalypse!

Post apocalypse, with my knowledge & skills,

• I could survive less than 1 month.

Votes: 17 22.7%
  • I could survive 1 to 6 months.

Votes: 21 28.0%
  • I could survive 6 months to a year.

Votes: 7 9.3%
  • I could survive several years.

Votes: 30 40.0%

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
1) Added some clarification in the initial post.

2) Wild onions and/or tasty mushrooms are all you really need to make people taste yummy. There is a reason we're sometimes called "long pig." :uhoh: :uhoh: :uhoh:

Last edited:

SiderisAnon

First Post
Unfortunately, I'm one of those survive by modern medicine people. If the world collapsed and it was survive on your skills, I have just enough to make myself useful to a group and to assist in acquiring food. However, without the meds and if I lost my rather strong prescription glasses, I'd be pretty well out of luck. I also have a limp due to an old injury, which would make outrunning all those packs of rabid dogs or crazed roaches a real problem.

If I can keep enough tools and if I can raid a pharmacy first, then I'm fine, as long as the glasses hold out. In a situation like "I Am Legend"/"Omega Man"/"Last Man On Earth", where I could have access to a city full of supplies, I'd probably be golden for quite some time. (For those who don't recognize the trilogy, they were all movies based on the same book. Those "vampires" are easier to avoid, especially in the first two movies. If we're talking "Day of the Dead" or something, I'm probably going to die from being too slow.)

Mean Eyed Cat

Explorer
Grew up camping and fishing. I still hike & camp regularly. Have a degree in Anthropology with a heavy emphasis on the Plateau cultures (area I live in) and their food gathering skills. Yeah, I think I could make it a few years ;)

Oryan77

Adventurer
Pbartender said:
You scored 60% Survivor, 52% Team Ability, and 50% Pack Rat!

We scored almost the same exact results. You must be one of the other similar people that I'd be joining up with in a group :p

You scored 65% Survivor, 47% Team Ability, and 50% Pack Rat!

You are a experenced wastelander. You know quite a bit about survival. You usually know what you need, and how much of it you need. You move through towns gathering only your needed supplies. You are friendly to a point, and will help those in need as long as you don't have to go too far out of your way. You may join a group of others similiar yourself but they most likely wound't consider you the leader. Your knowledge is still a little limitied.

If you die it will probaly be in a group setting, most likely with friends, holed up somewhere.

My test tracked 3 variables How you compared to other people your age and gender:

You scored higher than 99% on Survivor
You scored higher than 99% on Team Ability
You scored higher than 99% on Pack Rat

Kmart Kommando

First Post
bah, can't figure out how to link it correctly. :uhoh:

Your Score: Bunker Soldier
You scored 60% Survivor, 57% Team Ability, and 46% Pack Rat!

You are a soldier. You know a a good amount about survival, but are still lacking in some areas. You also have a strong sense of nobility and helping other. Careful, this may be your downfall. Your partial to heavy arment and will probaly take foot in a bunker.

If you die it will most likely be because of your good nature. You may offer to go out and search for food, instead of forcing your companions to, and soon find yourself ripped to shreds.
My test tracked 3 variables How you compared to other people your age and gender:

I'd be around long past the end.

I'd say I'm McGuyver, but I like guns. (and blades, my boss keeps telling the other guys to keep the sharp objects away from me :lol: )
Also grew up in a hunting family, and except for this damn addiction to high speed internet, I'm pretty self-sufficient, never get sick. Have training in navigation (open ocean/ celestial/ way point/ RDF), electrical/electronics, hydraulics, archery, firearms, tracking (though poorly, out of practice), seamanship (insert joke here), martial arts (way out of practice, my dad ran a school 'til he blew out his knee), wrestling (still wear the shoes after 15 years), farming (long time ago), basic metallurgy, good enough to make tools and weapons. Hard part would be herding my cats along with me.. they might have to be the farewell to civilization dinner. :heh:

That test isn't very accurate though, you have to have a melee weapon vs. the zombies. The ammo will run out. I'm leaning toward a pair of light machetes.
And the one about the "you find 4 working weapons, which would you choose?" correct answer is: all of them. ;)

Oh, and the pack rat rating is way too low, I keep everything :uhoh:
Never know when it might be useful.

edit: per the clarification: I'd run Barter Town. :cool:

Last edited:

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
GlassJaw said:
I'm guessing this poll assumes you're one of the few that has survived the cataclysmic "event".

Oh. Probably less than a month, dependent upon the nature of the event and ensuing conditions. There's a different answer for nearly every set of variables. I'd say less than a month for something like a nuclear winter (due to long-lasting side effects and widespread contamination) and quite possibly years for something like meteor impact.

Nifft

Penguin Herder
Huh.

Your Score: Ultimate Survivor
You scored 75% Survivor, 42% Team Ability, and 53% Pack Rat!
mt1145690388.gif

You are an unbeleiveable survivor. You know exactly what you need and take nothing more. You are heavily armed and a excellent marksman. You prefer to help people as long as it doesn't get you into too much danger. You prefer to find a nice safe position to set up base, but do not take too much with you. You are the best all around for surviving any Apocalypse situation.

How you compared to other people your age and gender:

... and they didn't even ask if I knew to use Slashing damage on the zombies.

Cool, -- N

Wik

First Post
Hm. I'm diabetic, so if the big bad happened, I'd be dead within a month.

Now, assuming I could get past that...

I dunno. A few months. I think I could scrounge, and living where I do, we do a lot of camping/fishing, so I think I could scrape off the natural world for a while. I'd give myself a year.

As for rebuilding - I know absoluely nothing that'd make me valuable, except for Anthropology (and everyone is gonna love someone telling you that you need to "rethink your cultural norms"!)

ruleslawyer

Wow; way to go!

If said apocalypse is related in any way to a book, movie, or other fiction, I am dead, man. D-E-A-D.

I'm a lawyer. What more needs to be said?

Seriously, that test is messed, up, in part because they've got the minimum lethal dose of radiation wrong. You *can* die from 100 REMs, it's just not likely.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads