• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide: Player Content Guesses

gyor

Legend
So Warlocks in Faerun are making packs with Undying in Eberron? that would be an interesting story to tell, perhaps a tie in to D&D Online which links the two worlds.

Do you guys think there will be a few new feats? I know feats are optional, but it would be cool to see at a least a sprinkling of new feats (somewhere between 5-8).

Queer Venger

Dungeon Master is my Daddy
A top notch poster map of the Sword Coast. I miss the large beautiful world maps from the old box sets. Even as a standalone product I would buy this.

I currently have on my game room wall the 4 poster Realms map from Dragon, the 4 poster Pathfinder Golarion Map, the poster of the inner and outer planes from Planescape, and a custom printed map of my homebrew.
im also looking forward to a new map

Last edited:

Paraxis

Explorer
Anything official about Bladesingers yet?

If not any good guesses?

What I want is a subclass of wizard that gets martial weapon proficiency and the ability to make an attack as a bonus action if their action was casting a spell, much sooner than either the Eldritch Knight or Valor Bard now.

Spellcasting + Melee FTW.

What I expect is a lame background, that gives a small social bonus when dealing with elves proficiency in arcane & performance, and proficiency in sylvan language and a musical instrument.

Remathilis

Legend
Anything official about Bladesingers yet?

If not any good guesses?

What I want is a subclass of wizard that gets martial weapon proficiency and the ability to make an attack as a bonus action if their action was casting a spell, much sooner than either the Eldritch Knight or Valor Bard now.

Spellcasting + Melee FTW.

What I expect is a lame background, that gives a small social bonus when dealing with elves proficiency in arcane & performance, and proficiency in sylvan language and a musical instrument.

My guess all along is something more akin to 4e's Bladesinger in Neverwinter; a wizard with some better attack ability as an alternative to the EK's fighter-with-a-few-spells. Not sure its going to be "sooner" than a EK or VB, but I definitely think we'll see some added proficiencies and some form of melee + spellcasting mechanic.

Bladesinger is too big, IMHO, to just be a background, but we'll find out soon enough.

Bera

Explorer
I imagine Bladesinger will be a wizard tradition, but I have vague hopes it will kneel at the altar of the 2nd edition overpower'd delight that was the bladesinger and have some incentive to multiclass. For example, a wizard tradition that gains bonuses based on the number of fighter levels you have. Otherwise... why doesn't Eldritch Knight suffice? My dream would be both a fighter and wizard Bladesinger option that they were synergistic.

graves3141

First Post
Does anyone have an information on what the page count for this book will be? I know it's a bit early to tell but I'm still curious.

Based on the previous 5E books and their pricing, I'd say we'll get about 160 pages for $40. But, on the high side, it might end up being more than just 160 pages... the 4E FR Campaign Guide still sells for $40 on Amazon (before discounts) and has a page count of 288. Then again, we have the Ed Greenwood Presents Elminster's Forgotten Realms book which is also $40 and has a page count of 192 pages.

Anyone have any guesses?

Irennan

Explorer
Does anyone have an information on what the page count for this book will be? I know it's a bit early to tell but I'm still curious.

Based on the previous 5E books and their pricing, I'd say we'll get about 160 pages for $40. But, on the high side, it might end up being more than just 160 pages... the 4E FR Campaign Guide still sells for $40 on Amazon (before discounts) and has a page count of 288. Then again, we have the Ed Greenwood Presents Elminster's Forgotten Realms book which is also $40 and has a page count of 192 pages.

Anyone have any guesses?

Judgin by the weight on Amazon, it should be like 170-ish pages long.

Remove ads