System for GI Joe

Captain Tagon

First Post
Some friends and I are thinking of doing a GI Joe-esque game. However, I can't decide if I'd rather do it using Mutants and Masterminds Second Edition or Spycraft 2.0.

Anyone out there have any ideas which would fit the genre better?

cignus_pfaccari

First Post
Personally, I think Spycraft would be a good fit. I haven't done anything with M&M, so it's not like I have anything to compare it with, but Spycraft really does seem like it could handle G.I. Joe really easily.

I'm still mourning the lack of a Company sourcebook for SFA.

Brad

Herobizkit

Adventurer
I'll second the rules for Spycraft. The feats, equipment and overall character flavour can really do well for a G.I. Joe-style campaign. Though Spycraft is designed with, well, spy campaigns in mind, it does well to recreate the cinematic action you'd see the Joes pull off.

Captain Tagon

First Post
Ranger REG said:
d20 Modern + Blood and Guts

As I just sold my d20 Modern stuff, that isn't really an option. Everyone seems to be leaning towards Spycraft 2.0 though, which means I need to actually finish reading that book now.

Vigilance

Explorer
Captain Tagon said:
What book is that?

Well its not out for a bit, just finished the first draft, it will be a small (20 pages or so) PDF for d20M called Blood and Secrets, designed to mesh with my other books (Blood and Guts and Blood and Vigilance mostly).

Remove ads