Tales of the Valiant Joins The $1M Crowdfunding Club!

I've been waiting to post this article for nearly a month--but Kobold Press has snuck over the million-dollar line in the final days of its Kickstarter for the 5E-alternative ruleset Tales of the Valiant! And with that, it has joined the Million Dollar TTRPG Kickstarter Club! https://www.enworld.org/threads/million-dollar-ttrpg-kickstarter-club.678540/ Tales of the Valiant was announced...

valiantkoboldmain-600-338-1930146151.jpeg

I've been waiting to post this article for nearly a month--but Kobold Press has snuck over the million-dollar line in the final days of its Kickstarter for the 5E-alternative ruleset Tales of the Valiant! And with that, it has joined the Million Dollar TTRPG Kickstarter Club!

Tales of the Valiant was announced earlier this year during the Open Gaming License controversy as an open alternative to 5E independent of Wizards of the Coast. In that goal, it joins the existing Level Up: Advanced 5th Edition and Cubicle 7's upcoming C7d20 System. Originally referred to as 'Black Flag', the project's current name was unveiled in April.

Million-dollar TTRPG Kickstarters have slowed down in recent months. At one point last year, they were arriving almost monthly, but there has only been one in 2023 (Shadowdark RPG) until now, with both Tales of the Valiant and Gloomhaven crossing the line in the same month.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I think this shows just how influential social media, and in particular YouTube, is in the RPG market. If I was a midsized publisher I think I would look into an official YouTube channel or something.
Like this one?

Most publishers, mid-sized or no, have a YouTube channel. Getting half a million subscribers is a little more difficult though... only the official D&D channel has subscriber figures in the region of the Dungeon Dudes.

Marc Radle

Legend

LIMITED EDITION TALES OF THE VALIANT TWO-BOOK SET​

There are only 245 left of the 2,000 total exclusive Limited Edition Tales of the Valiant sets! This is both books with the awesome limited edition embossed 2-color foil covers, in a cool slip case AND the recently unlocked 4-panel GM screen!
Grab these remaining sets up before the KS ends tomorrow!!
Slipcase and LE Books.png

Remove ads

Remove ads