D&D General Tasha's: Spell sniper + booming blade + reach weapon

delph

Explorer
I've always been curious why a 10' reach was a problem with Booming Blade anyways, given what you had to do in order to make it a thing. Wow, a creature with normal reach might take some bonus thunder damage. You of course had to be a Bugbear, use a reach weapon (which is usually a little less damaging on it's own than regular two handed weapons), and take a Feat to do this.

Contrast and compare what you can do with Polearm Mastery or Sentinel when using a reach weapon. Yeah, not really impressed. Sure, you could argue that this stunt combines with those, but how many ASI's are you giving up at this point?

Feats should be awesome, given that you get so few opportunities to select one, and that there's a very real opportunity cost for doing so.
I'm planning bugbear with a polearm, and BB/GFB are options before the 4th level when I can take the feat...

DND_Reborn

The High Aldwin
I'm planning bugbear with a polearm, and BB/GFB are options before the 4th level when I can take the feat...
I made one before and with PAM feat for a short "level 20 adventure".

The GM was "nice" and allowed War Caster to work with it, too. So when something entered my 15' reach (LOL!) I could use Booming Blade on it. If it kept moving, it took the extra damage.

It was pretty sick. :D

delph

Explorer
I made one before and with PAM feat for a short "level 20 adventure".

The GM was "nice" and allowed War Caster to work with it, too. So when something entered my 15' reach (LOL!) I could use Booming Blade on it. If it kept moving, it took the extra damage.

It was pretty sick. :D
My GM allowed me BB/GFB only in my "body reach" so only to 10 ft. But it still enough :D and here is trade - use sentinel and stop him (can do any melee dmg) or warcaster to give him big amount of dmg (after 11 lvl it's super big dmg)

Remove ads