Tempest?

Daermon

First Post
With those stats I'd go Rogue 5/Swashbuckler 3

From there, either go for Thief-Acrobat or Tempest. Considering your Int and Dex modifiers, I'd think Thief-Acrobat would be better. Also, considering your Int, you could take a few levels of Duskblade for some arcane power. If you really want the tempest route, be prepared to take at least 2 levels of Fighter, and you'd probably want to mix that with Swashbuckler as well. Fighter 2/Rogue 3/Swashbuckler 3/Tempest 5/(Thief-Acrobat, Rogue, Invisible Blade, Master Thrower)2 could be ugly.

Another PRC to look at would be the Invisible Blade, which is made for fighting with daggers and gives some decent benefits for doing so if you don't take any Rogue levels.

Last edited:

Shellman

First Post
I wouldn't do the tempest unless your taking enough levels in fighter or ranger.

Id go Ranger/ Tempest. Ranger has decent HD, good saves and a good BAB over
Fighter with Good HD, great BAB and poor saves. But all thos bonus feats are hard to resist.

Darklone

Wohoo, nice stats. Invisible Blade gives Int Bonus to AC, very nice in your case.

Forgive me my ignorance, but why is everyone heading towards Tempest here? Dervish has an AC bonus as well, the dance ability rocks and the prerequisites are easier to fulfill... what did I forget?

Daermon

First Post
How's this sound?

Human Hexblade 3/Swashbuckler 3/Ranger 2/Scout 1/Tempest 5

lvl Class Feats/Abilities
1st Ranger Expeditious Dodge(1st)*, Mobility(H), Track(B)/Wild Empathy, Favored Enemy
2nd Scout Skirmish +1d6, Trapfinding
3rd Swashbuckler Weapon Finesse(B), Quick Draw (3rd)
4th Hexblade Hexblade's Curse 1/day
5th Swashbuckler Grace +1
6th Hexblade Sping Attack (6th)/Arcane Resistance
7th Swashbuckler Insightful Strike
8th Hexblade Mettle
9th Ranger Improved Two-Weapon Fighting/Combat Style (Two-Weapon Fighting)
10th Fighter Weapon Focus: Dagger
11th Tempest
12th Tempest (Two-Weapon Defense)
13th Tempest
14th Tempest
15th Tempest Open Feat

* Expeditious Dodge acts as the Dodge feat for all purposes, except it gives you a +2 continuous Dodge bonus against all enemies.

AC (Without Armor): 20 (+4 Dex, +1 Shield, +2 Dodge, +3 Unnamed)
Saves (With modifiers)

Fort: +19
Ref: +14
Will: +7

Specials

Hexblade's Curse: Not the most useful of things, but with your decent Charisma it should work well enough. -2 on attacks, damage, skill checks and saves isn't bad, especially as a free action.

Arcane Resistance: Add +3 to all saves against spells and spell-like effects. Not bad.

Mettle: Works like Evasion, except for Fort and Will saves.

Grace +1: Add +1 to all Reflex saves.

Insightful Strike: Add your Int modifier to all your damage rolls.

You have one open feat left. If your GM allows it, grab Twin Sword Style from the Forgotten Realms book. It gives a +2 to your AC which stacks with armor and shield when using two weapons. Otherwise, just grab whatever works for you.

Last edited:

Daermon

First Post
Darklone said:
Nice build but is it possible with these classes to max the rogue skills the OP requested?
Crap, I forgot about those.

If you take Scout at first level, you can get alot more skill points. Alternatively, drop Scout and Ranger for 3 levels of Rogue. The BAB will suffer by one more point, but with that high Dex it won't be a problem.

Another option is to drop Hexblade and Fighter for 5 levels of Scout. Balance, Jump and Tumble will be nearly maxed and you'll have an additional +1d6 of Skirmish. Skirmish works better than Sneak Attack for this build, I think, what with being able to make two attacks a round with a full move. Your BAB suffers by another point with this option, though.

Edit: The easiest way to get those skills maxed is to go full Scout or Rogue. As I said, Sneak Attack is good but it's very limited whereas Skirmish is nearly always on with this build.

Last edited:

Daermon

First Post
Darklone said:
Wohoo, nice stats. Invisible Blade gives Int Bonus to AC, very nice in your case.

Forgive me my ignorance, but why is everyone heading towards Tempest here? Dervish has an AC bonus as well, the dance ability rocks and the prerequisites are easier to fulfill... what did I forget?
You're not missing anything. However, to max out Dervish you're stuck with only 5 other levels to play with, at least one of which has to be fighter and any others have to give a full attack progression. Not to mention that no full BAB class (that I know of) has Tumble and Perform as class skills, so you're stuck finding a way to make them class skills without sacrificing anything else. The only way I know of to do that is to use a feat from Oriental Adventures for 3rd Edition, which would mean grabbing a second level of Fighter.

Of course, you could always take Dervish up to 5th Level which would open many more options.

Remove ads