The Darkness That Comes Before [IC]

Thomas Hobbes

First Post
Mahe nods, and waits for Visper to return. Assuming all goes well, he leads the group to a spot on the hill where they can wait unobserved, and then turns to Dara. "There's a spot where ye should be able to see where they were yesterday. Go on 'n scout ahead, if'n ye don't mind."

Last edited:

Erekose13

Explorer
Visper returns shortly from the top of Briar Hill. Gespeth senses through his link that there is nothing menacing living up there. Mahe can blaze a trail for the others if you wish to use Briar Hill as a base camp. It will take a bit of time though to make an opening large enough for everyone including the horse to make it up. Probably a good hour of work, two if you want to make it concealed.

Ghostknight

First Post
Gespeth turns to Visper and talks to him

"Little friend, what was up there, anything interesting?"

Listening to Vispers reply Gespath turns to the others.

"We could camp up there if we wish. mahe, how far is it to where those creatures were, enough time to get there in the daylight or should we camp and go there in the morning?"

Serpenteye

First Post
"It's not even noon yet. Setting up camp now would force us to resume the march at night, or give our prey even more of a head-start."

Ghostknight

First Post
Serpenteye said:
"It's not even noon yet. Setting up camp now would force us to resume the march at night, or give our prey even more of a head-start."

"Who says these beings are our prey? Maybe it is better if we leave them, leave our resources for when they are needed at this temple of evil. No need to look for fights that while providing a tactical advantage lead to a strategic loss"

"Anyway, why not set up camp now and travel in the morning if that is a better option - meet up with these creatures in the middle of the day when, possibly, being evil they may be at a disadvantage?"

Quirhid

First Post
"I agree with Gespeth"

[ooc: I'm not going to post for the next 10 days because I'll be studying for the final exams. If Erekose would be so kind and play Taneth for a while, I would be grateful. Thanks!]

Ferrix

Explorer
Taking a swig from his waterskin, "press on; i'm not out here to dally in the midday sun when we can be on the move. Whatever strategic loss might be had, what they know might be far greater a gain in the ends of things." With that he readjusts his lance and shield, and calls his dogs to his side.

Thanee

First Post
Dara Dragondaughter

Turning to Mahe mostly, Dara asks: “How far is it from here to that Last Man Standing place? Can we get there, search the area and return here until sunset to set up camp? Then we should head out immediately.”

Thomas Hobbes

First Post
"It's not far to the menhir from 'ere."* Mahe considers their position. "'ow 'bout this- Tir kin take a safe look- jest see if'n anyone's even there. If they are, I kin do a bit more scoutin', see what they're up to. We kin decide from there." He asks Tir to fly very, very high, preferably with the sun at his back, and just try to see if there's anything there. If someone tries to persue, he tells Tir to lead them away to the north, and return only when he thinks it's safe. If MAhe knows appromixmately how long it'll take Tir to fly to and from, he marks it and waits to see if his companion will go unmolested.

*I was under the impression that Briar Hill is just south of Last Man Standing.

Erekose13

Explorer
[ooc: sorry I should have drawn a map of things. I have made up a temp one in Excel below. Its the only software I have at work to build with sorry.

So you started at camp where Tir brought news of the people around the LMS. Moving south of both Briar Hill and LMS you came to a point where you were in a straight line to both. From there you turned north and are now at BH.

Distances in hours:
LMS to Camp: 7 hours on foot, Tir covered it in 4.
Camp to Head North: 4.5 hours on foot.
Head North to Briar Hill: 1 hour on foot.
Briar Hill to LMS: 2.5 hours on foot, Tir can cover it in just over an hour one-way.

Time: Not yet noon.

Np, Quirhid thanks for letting us know. See you when you get back.]

Standing at the base of the hill you spot a few lazy clouds forming far off in the sky. Other than that the serene sounds and sights of a summer forest great your senses.

Remove ads