The Darkness That Comes Before [IC]

Ferrix

Explorer
Donner will prepare himself for combat, he'll attempt to use his speed to advantage, striking and then moving out of reach with his lance, targeting what appears to be the biggest threat. If another person engages the same threat he'll use it to ride-by-attack and flank.

donner could use the bull strength if he stows his shield and uses the lance two-handed while charging... that's 21 damage from strength alone on a charge. I think Dara would benefit from the Blur power quite well also. he also has manacles if we need to restrain anything

Last edited:

Erekose13

Explorer
Travelling the rest of the distance, the group does it's best to prepare for what ever is coming. Dara gains the protection from evil, as well as the strength of bulls and her form blurs, Gespeth armors himself and dissappears, while Ian's form begins to shift. Mahe's staff grows nasty spikes, glowing with holy power.

[ooc: just wanted to make sure I got all that right. Will work up the stats for the enemies tonight and get down to this battle as soon as I can (tomorrow or at the latest the day after)]

Ghostknight

First Post
Erekose13 said:
Travelling the rest of the distance, the group does it's best to prepare for what ever is coming. Dara gains the protection from evil, as well as the strength of bulls and her form blurs, Gespeth armors himself and dissappears, while Ian's form begins to shift. Mahe's staff grows nasty spikes, glowing with holy power.

[ooc: just wanted to make sure I got all that right. Will work up the stats for the enemies tonight and get down to this battle as soon as I can (tomorrow or at the latest the day after)]

Sounds right (although the invisibility is for just before we enter the battle - minute/level only gives me five minutes!)

Thanee

First Post
Dara Dragondaughter

OOC: Actually all of those spells are short duration and will surely be cast close to the LMS. Dara will activate her ring the round before entering the clearing, of course, as it only has a 1 minute duration. I think Dara feels like a magic and psionic superconductor now! ;)

Turning to Ian, Dara says: “You'll try your globe trick on their leader? This way we might catch him alive, which is good. In case he shrugs off your magic, and I have seen such things happen, I'll be ready to bring him down quickly, trying not to kill him outright. If I go, it would be good, if you would try to entrap one of those bears, as they are surely under his command and will leap for his defense!”

OOC: When we are near the clearing, Dara will try to sneak into a hiding position from where she will be able to charge (or 'partial charge', if we get a surprise round and her 40' move is enough to reach him) the leader, but will wait for Ian to try his 'magic' ;) on him first. If the 'spell' fails, she'll rage, charge and do a full power attack improved trip hitting for subdual damage (if subdual is ok during rage, otherwise, she will not rage during the first round, since she doesn't want to kill him).

Ghostknight

First Post
Thanee said:
OOC: Actually all of those spells are short duration and will surely be cast close to the LMS. Dara will activate her ring the round before entering the clearing, of course, as it only has a 1 minute duration. I think Dara feels like a magic and psionic superconductor now! ;)

ooc: Except the Mage armor - there you have 1 hour/level!

Serpenteye

First Post
Thanee said:
Turning to Ian, Dara says: “You'll try your globe trick on their leader? This way we might catch him alive, which is good. In case he shrugs off your magic, and I have seen such things happen, I'll be ready to bring him down quickly, trying not to kill him outright. If I go, it would be good, if you would try to entrap one of those bears, as they are surely under his command and will leap for his defense!”

Ian nods, turning towards her, "I'll deal with whatever seems the greatest threat, besides the leader himself. We know too little about our opponents for a more concrete plan, better to adapt to the cirqumstances."

Ferrix

Explorer
Serpenteye said:
Ian nods, turning towards her, "I'll deal with whatever seems the greatest threat, besides the leader himself. We know too little about our opponents for a more concrete plan, better to adapt to the cirqumstances."

"Finally, a plan I like." With a chuckle, he strokes the ears of Grizzle as the massive dog pads along, flanked by the four other dogs which dart their ears about cautiously.

Once just outside the clearing he'll also ready a charge/partial charge, perhaps in conjunction with Dara to drop the leader with a subdual whack with his lance. A base move of 50 should get him within range to ride-by. If the leader gets cocooned, he'll change his focus to a lethal ride-by against whatever appears the most threatening.

Last edited:

Erekose13

Explorer
Approaching the menhir from the south western corner of the clearing as it offers some of the densest cover available, the party is able to get quite close to the clearing and observe those who are there. The sun is still high in the sky during this time of the year, it being approximately mid afternoon.

From behind the trees you can see the monolith standing quite tall. It looks quite old even from here, as peices are missing from it and cracks cut the top of the stone in two. There is one individual currently studying the northern face of the menhir. He or she is dressed in heavy black plate and has a wicked looking polearm leaning against the stone nearby. Three other individuals are squatting in the center of the clearing currently huddled together and they appear to be talking. They are all wearing similar armor, though the profusion of spikes and other nasty bits on the studious individual are far more impressive. There are two bears, both of which seem to resemble the condition the dire wolves had been in, flesh hanging limply to the body and open green sores dripping with ichor. Off on the far side of the clearing among the trees there appears to be three or four more individuals standing around with gear and packs stored nearby. You cant get a good look at those under the trees from this distance.

With all your spells ready, how do you approach things?

[ooc: map is up, check sig!, also see this link for a picture of the individual studying the menhir.]

Last edited:

Remove ads