The Darkness That Comes Before [IC]

Ghostknight

First Post
Erekose13 said:
"Will you atleast accompany me to this forest so that I might have the chance to prove to you that these things are coming true?"[/color]

ooc: Sorry about the delay in posting. It has been passover, and the good Jewish boy I am I don;t use the computer on religious holidays :) SO unfortunately since Passover continues into next week (so no posting on Saturday, Monday, Tuesday). After that I will be checking and posting once a day as normal (excluding Saturdays, the Sabbath)

IC:
*Gespeth looked at Nalya. *

Well, either she knows something or she is insane. I need to see whare this can lead, may even be a job in it. It is is the Mandate, at least maybe I can take some money from theor coffers. It would be strange to work for another school though.

"I have read some vague hints about what you speak. However I am under oath to serve and tithe to my school. My time is not always my own so I need to know, aside form these vague, historically unsupported, prophecies of doom, why should I come with you? If you hire me, I can assure you of my word and my loyal support. Otherwise I cannot see a compelling reason to follow you and not wait for an opportunity at a paying job."

*Looking around him Gespeth notes that none of the other patrons seems inclined to jump up and join in. No one, it seems, is too keen to rush out with a bunch of strangers and start trekking over the mountains. Rightly so, he would be far more comfortable when he knows who these other "heroes" are!

Thanee

First Post
Dara Dragondaughter

“I do not know yet, what this is all about, but some of what you said has been true and so I am willing to believe the rest of your prophecy. Any direction from here is as good as any other to me, so I will accompany you and see your prove with my own eyes.”

Quirhid

First Post
Taneth scales everything he just heard in his mind. He has also read about these events. He never really believed them. -They weren't his problem, until now apparently.

*He looks the wine glass intensively. Playing with it, he seems to be having trouble accepting this information.*

My search seems to be nearing an end. Has my two years of wandering been in vain? It can't be. Not yet! If this woman speaks the truth however, soon there will be no love to search. <sigh> I shall do this for you my love. None shall take you from me! Not even this No-God and his minions. I only pray that I would still meet you again, my sweet Aryassa. We will meet again, my love... but not yet.

"After careful pondering, I've decided to join you. After all, I have nothing to lose anymore." *He finishes his wine glass, takes his sword and places it on the table.* "My sword is yours", Taneth says calmly. "...but if you dare to fool me, I promise, I will use it to cut your tongue", he continues.

Thomas Hobbes

First Post
Mahe snorts audibly. You're a dramatic one, aren't you? You civilized folk are far too quick to pin things on words. Swearin' this and promisin' that. Get a right bloody mess, sure enough.

Serpenteye

First Post
*Ian shrugs,* "I don't really have anything else to do, so I may as well come with you. If the ruin really has been closed until now there's half a chance that it holds ancient treasures waiting for us, a sufficient reason to go wether or not the prophesy is true."

Last edited:

Thomas Hobbes

First Post
Mahe gives a short, barking laugh, and speaks for the first time to the whole room. "Ah, now there's a motivation for savin' the world- gold. Bastions of evil opened by the unsuspectin', eh? Say anything about the greedy?" He shakes his head. "Ah, what the hell. Ye'll need a guide, if'n it's in the forest, and if I don't tag along I'll just have t' pull your fat outta the fire anyway. Damned if I'll have you'll dyin' all over my home. Better'n the blind leadin' the blind." He nods in Nalya's direction. "Name's Mahe. I gen'rally keep t' m'self in the forest, so you're lucky ye caught me, I suppose." He gestures to his halfling Companion. "This' Folco, who's perfectly cap'ble of makin' his own deciscions, so I'll leave that t' him.

Erekose13

Explorer
"Well if it's money that you need I can pay you, but I do not have much. As I said though, this tree used to be the bastion of an evil empire. The prophesies say that it has been re-opened again by the followers of the No-God. If that is a given then taking your share of the treasure from the fallen is none of my concern."

"As far as trying to fool you Master Taneth, I will do nothing of the sort. The dreams have pointed me to you and the prophesies towards the tower. You are now being swept up in the tides of fate as we all are."

Nalya finishes, waiting for the last two members assembled to voice their concerns. She reaches again for her drink, swallowing a little more. At the pause in the conversation, Mary comes over and offers, "I couldn't help but over hearing your story, and while I know that it is no place of mine to butt in I wanted to ask a question. This tree you mentioned, the Golkur.. something I believe you called it. Well I have lived in these parts my whole life and was a tracker in the Glimmerwood for a long while with my father. I don't think that I have ever heard of the whatever you called it Tree."

[ooc: not a problem Ghostknight. I know that flyingricepaddy has been on vacation this week. Ill see about getting him in as soon as I can. Quirhid, see the ooc thread for ideas on motivations for Taneth. Likewise anyone else who is not feeling particularily drawn to the adventure tractor beam just let me know over there and we shall fix things right up.

Mahe:
Hearing Mary's question you also have never heard about the Golkuroeth Tree, but you do know of the Skyreach Tree as per the old threads. Just let me know if you need a refresher on it.

Ferrix

Explorer
"Well, if you're all going out to get yourself into trouble, I might as well be there to try to keep you from killing yourselves. Atleast the forest-walker's got some sense in him keeping to himself more than not." That and he and his companion seem at least able to take care of themselves, two less grunts I gotta worry 'bout. "Plus, the dogs here could use a good run." *Gets to his feet, and the five dogs slowly clamber up to sit on their haunches surrounding him, all at eye level with the stout halfling.*

Quirhid

First Post
*Taneth brightens up a little bit as he remembers something.* Glimmerwood... was that the place Maelnyhm told me about. Hmm... maybe he could tell me something about the whereabouts of Aryassa.

"It's settled then," he says as *he takes his sword and rises.* "I will ready my horse."

*The full change in his essence is almost unbeleavable. Suddenly he's full of eager to get on the road. He grabs his few things and walks out from the tavern to his horse just outside.*

Remove ads