The Darkness That Comes Before [IC]

Serpenteye

First Post
Ian looks at the woman in momentary surprise, taken aback by the strange sence of resonance her words have within him. It was almost as if he knew that what she said was true, rediculous as it sounded that he was destined to save the world.

Serpenteye

First Post
Ian breaks the awkward silence, "Please continue. Who is No-god you speak of and what sets him apart from the other ten thousand Gods?"
-'The Apocalypse'? Why you are even talking to this lunatic is beyond me, she's not sexy enough to put up with her madness. That barwench seems simple enough, though. An ugly face, but her body makes up for it...-

ooc: btw, cursive text within - - is telepathic communication between Ian and his Psi-crystal.

Last edited:

Erekose13

Explorer
Nalya's Tale

The woman, Nalya, sees that everyone is eager to here the rest of the tale. Looking around at the room, she sees that only the prophesied heroes and maybe one or two people from the staff are around. She decides to continue despite any misgivings she might have telling this to people she knows will not understand.

"A long time ago, the very existence of the lands was threatened, Men and Elven alike... A vicious force of evil arose, calling himself the No-God. Many flocked to his banner, and mighty became his army. The men of the Three Seas could do nothing to stop his army, and were rapidly driven back. All hope seemed lost, until one Man arose to challenge the No-God. His powers were great, and he scattered many of the No-God's followers from this world. By the city of Shimeh, he called to the gods of the Tusk to aid him, and many angels rallied to his cause. Man and angel fought hard that day, and under the lead of Anasurimbor, they defeated the armies of the No-God. They followed him to his citadel of obsidian, and took the fight upon the No-God himself. In Golgotterath, the man Anasurimbor defeated the No-God. But this would not last. With its dying breath, the No-God proclaimed its return, and the coming of the second Apocalypse..."

"The Elders still know of these stories, though man has forgotten them. They have been told, so that we will not be struck unaware. They, who know the signs, have seen the portents of the coming of the Second Apocalypse. The No-God is rising once more, and you seven are destined to fight him."

Last edited:

Quirhid

First Post
*Taneth takes a sip of his wine. Under his hood he carefully observerves the situation. He evaluates every reaction that the rest of the people make.*

How can we be sure, that this is true? If she has no proof, she's just a petty jester stealing my valuable time.

*Outside he shows little interest, but in the inside he is eager to learn more about these events.*

Thanee

First Post
Dara Dragondaughter

As Nalya seems to halt in her tale, Dara stands up and addresses her.

“So, if we are, as you say, destined to follow in Anasurimbor's steps, what are we supposed to do now? How can we stop this Apocalypse from happening?”

Last edited:

Serpenteye

First Post
"And how do we know that what you are telling us is the truth? That the No-god is a greater evil than his enemies? The myth you are speaking of is so ancient that the truths it may have contained are surely twisted by the passage of time and an aeon of religious politics."

Last edited:

Ferrix

Explorer
*with a gruff chuckle, Donner raises his voice "now wait a minute there people, give the doomsayer a chance to finish." With that he raises his mug of ale, giving an imaginary toast to the objectionable folks and takes a swig.*

Thomas Hobbes

First Post
Mahe raises his eyebrows as the girl speaks, remaining silent as the others ask their question. It's certainly a fantastic claim- the apocalypse is coming, and this mythical "Mog-Pharau" is returning to ravage the world. He leans over to Falco, not taking his eyes off of Nalya. "What do you think, friend?" he asks, not wanting to color his companion's reply with his own opinion.

Erekose13

Explorer
Prophesies and Dreams

Nalya pauses in her tale to hear what those assembled think so far. Gaging the reactions of the crowd, it would appear that most are atleast willing to listen. But like all who hear of the No-God they are skeptical and with good reason. She gestures Mary to bring her a drink before continuing,

"That I know each of your names from my dreams will probably not convince any nay-sayers. But Ian if you are willing to listen, I thought I might first tell you a bit more about the specifics of the prophesies as they directly pertain to how I can both prove that the No-God's return is imminent and indeed how we might together stop it from happening. The prophesies tell of seven signs that will herald the return of the No-God and the coming of the Second Apocalypse."

She begins to list them and the first few sound more like astrological mumbo-jumbo than anything else, such as the constellation Celebra will be in the houses of both Gon and Malvor during the first equinox, etc. Things start to get more interesting when she tells of the Holy War. While there have been holy wars before, to have one coinside with all of the events outlined presages dire consequences.

The final three events have not yet come to pass. The first details several bastions of evil being re-opened by the unsuspecting. The second says that a nation will fall, the third that the minions of the No-God will be loosed upon the world throwing it into utter chaos.

"We must move quickly, for not only do we need to find out if the fifth sign has revealed itself yet, but we must also do so quickly. For we need to alert those in power of the threat. People will not believe us, thus the need for tanglible proof both to proove it to you and to others."

"Their used to be an ancient bastion of evil that was rumor to exist on this side of the Hethanta mountain range, within a deep forest. The tower was called the Golkuroeth Tree, a great tree that reached higher than all the surrounding trees. From there the demon, Kaerthenys the Plagueborn marched his legions of wild beasts upon the kingdoms of the Three Seas. If indeed the prophesies are coming true than the fifth sign indicates that the fortresses such as these will soon open."

"Will you atleast accompany me to this forest so that I might have the chance to prove to you that these things are coming true?"

Last edited:

Remove ads