• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E The Deck of Many Things, let’s make an adventure WotC video.

They really did a good job creating value for this product. I like that there are many ways to utilize the cards.

I'd DM or play that adventure. The Fallen Halls of Crystalstar. A Crystal Dragon and a host of servitor Xorns guarding a long-abandoned throne with a forgotten Rod of Rulership on its seat, the sovereign long dead. For something a little nastier, maybe the Crystal Dragon is a dracolich who considers itself the sovereign, and it wields the Rod itself.

They really did a good job creating value for this product. I like that there are many ways to utilize the cards.

I'd DM or play that adventure. The Fallen Halls of Crystalstar. A Crystal Dragon and a host of servitor Xorns guarding a long-abandoned throne with a forgotten Rod of Rulership on its seat, the sovereign long dead. For something a little nastier, maybe the Crystal Dragon is a dracolich who considers itself the sovereign, and it wields the Rod itself.
I really have to agree on both accounts. She was able to put together a really intriguing adventure in just a few minutes just by dealing out the cards and taking suggestions from the book. I could see this coming really in handy as a DM when you're kind of stuck for an interesting side-trip during a lull in a campaign, or if your players take things really off the rail and you need to come up with something in a hurry!

Parmandur

Book-Friend
One of the interesting things about this approach, is that it is infinitely scaleable with future supplements: if a new book introduces new Monsters, standard random generation tables won't include them because thebtable is already written, but this sort of fuzzy divination approach can account for anything I have on hand, including third party stuff like the Tome of Beasts.

Last edited:

Remove ads