D&D 5E The Domains of Dread, listed by the power of their Dark Lord (using their CR)

Urriak Uruk

Gaming is fun, and fun is for everyone
I think, just for fun (don't yell at me), I'm going to try and choose what stats are good representations of the Domains that get less attention in the book. I'll start with just five of them!

Forlorn: Tristen ApBlanc
Day: Blood Drinker Vampire. Night: Sword Wraith Commander (CR 8)

Ghastria: Marquis Stezen D'Polarno
Noble (CR 1/8)

G'Henna: Yagno Petrovna
Cult Fanatic (CR 2)

Invidia: Gabrielle Aderre
Acolyte (CR 1/4)

Keening: Tristessa
Banshee (CR 4)

What does that even mean? You mentioned "canon," which is an odd fickle thing in D&D. Per "canon" if they didn't change anything (ie no new stat blocks) is the old stat block still "canon?"
VGR destroys canon for Ravenloft. It says it doesn't exist, that there are multiple versions of the same domain, the same person, with different histories, and that they can change at any time for no reason.

dave2008

Legend
VGR destroys canon for Ravenloft. It says it doesn't exist, that there are multiple versions of the same domain, the same person, with different histories, and that they can change at any time for no reason.
Exactly, there is no real canon. So why are you talking about "canon stat blocks?" This is not something the OP or anyone else is talking about. So why are you talking about it?

Here is your quote that started my question to you:
You haven't really understood. Ivana is not a spy. Or maybe she is. Just like the is no canon explanation for where Azalin is, there is no canon stat block for Ivana (or any other dark lord). "Similar to a spy" is just suggesting where the DM should start if the story they are telling puts the PCs in a position where they might attack that character. The DM can give her any abilities they like, such as Immunity To Charm or Legendary Resistance. Or simply rule that the charm fails and she pretends to be charmed in order to trick the PCs.

You are talking about canon stat blocks, not the OP. No one is suggesting what @Urriak Uruk cam up with is some type of canon except you. Why?

Remathilis

Legend
I personally think Drakov should probably be a warlord (Volo's, CR 12) instead of a knight (MM, CR 3).
The biggest I have with this system was that they only used MM stat blocks, even when better ones like this could exist.

Of course, that also means I can easily use those later stat blocks if I want instead of what they recommend.

The biggest I have with this system was that they only used MM stat blocks, even when better ones like this could exist.
It's policy not to refer to content which isn't in the book or in a core rulebook.

In earlier editions they could have given them a class, but 5e doesn't assign classes to NPCs.

Remathilis

Legend
It's policy not to refer to content which isn't in the book or in a core rulebook.
I get that. And it's a pain since that would mean wasting space reprinting them, but it still would have diversified some of those spies and nobles, for example.

Just means I'll have to do it myself...

Davies

Legend
Unfortunately, there really isn't an NPC stat block that's a great fit for Viktra Mordenheim in any of the books thus far. Anyone have a good suggestion from 3rd party stuff?

Faolyn

(she/her)
Unfortunately, there really isn't an NPC stat block that's a great fit for Viktra Mordenheim in any of the books thus far. Anyone have a good suggestion from 3rd party stuff?
Do you have Guildmaster's Guide to Ravnica? There's the Biomancer (CR 10, with a "Bolstering Life Force" effect that causes people within 30 feet to regain 1d10 hp; you can change that to allies or constructs only, and the spellcasting of a 16th level wizard). You could switch that out for Artificer stuff, if you like.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases