• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E The Fifth City (OOC)

Queenie

Queen of Everything
Just an FYI for all my games - my desktop has crapped out. It only works sporadically, if that. So, I can access my games but only from my iPad. I can respond but it's hard to write up long responses and I have never figured out how to do color text on Tapatalk. A new desktop is being ordered but will take at least a couple of weeks. Just wanted to give an update, especially because I will try to go back and edit in the color and any weird formatting where I can. :)

Queenie

Queen of Everything
Hey all. Kira wanted me to let you know she's having some trouble getting onto ENW, and she'll be back as soon as she can. I can reach her if you have need of contacting her :)

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
Update coming a bit later today.

I wanted to offer some clarification on the roles of ambassador's aides (Lenya, Castagyr, and Veer) and other characters who are tied to the city's government (Felix).

You won't be tied to the NPCs so heavily starting in the next chapter and will have a great deal of wiggle room in the performance of your duties. You will also very likely find yourself at odds with your ambassador (especially Londo and G'Kar). How you handle that is entirely up to you. You can leave the service of the ambassador at any time, of course.

From a story point of view, however, a lot of the adventure motivators, so to speak, are going to be coming from the ambassadors (especially Londo and G'Kar precisely because they play the politics game and are more than a little devious).

Regarding level advancement - I have set it up to be intentionally relatively quick at low levels but then very slow at later levels. Specifically, there are 111 "episodes" planned out. Everyone will be gaining enough XP to get to level 2 in this first episode and will be gaining enough XP to get to level 3 in the following episode. After that, everyone will be gaining 3000 XP per episode.

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
Apologies for not getting a post done yesterday. I was completely and thoroughly exhausted last night and ended up going to bed before 8. :p I'll be getting a post in a little later today.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
I need to put some points in intimidation. I also need to add a cantrip effect that has like lightning passing from one hand to the other to add to the effect.

If you have seen big trouble in little china with the mages who have heir hand movements and bodies encased in electricity like they are in a Faraday cage would be rather intimidating, eh?

pathfinderq1

First Post
I need to put some points in intimidation. I also need to add a cantrip effect that has like lightning passing from one hand to the other to add to the effect.

If you have seen big trouble in little china with the mages who have heir hand movements and bodies encased in electricity like they are in a Faraday cage would be rather intimidating, eh?

I'm pretty sure that is covered by the 'harmless sensory effect' part of Prestidigitation- if not that, then Minor Illusion. I suppose you could re-skin the Light cantrip as 'Lightning' if you wanted to.

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
About 15 feet so not with the lance and you'll need to move directly under him to get him in your breath. As combat has not started yet and he hasn't noticed you, a DC 10 Stealth check would keep you unnoticed. If you fail or choose not to be stealthy, he'll get advantage on the Dex save since he'll be able to use the balcony for cover. If you succeed on the Stealth check, he'll just make a normal Dex save.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads