• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Funeral (Stonegood judging) [finished]

Someone

Adventurer
"And they sent you all. For academic reasons." replies the woman. The ones behind here start stirring, but she stops them with a look. "We found nothing but that idiot's body, and nothing else that could be sold. What is this all about? What were you expecting to be there?" she asks leaning forward.

inky

First Post
Niccolo - male human swashbuckler

"I couldn't come in here all by myself," Niccolo says. "I might get lost." He grins. "But if you really found nothing at all there besides his body, then it sounds as though we'll have to look elsewhere to assist our .. historian."

OOC: And, uh, if they can't/won't help us, I'm not sure what to do next -- I guess we can head back and wait for Raven. I was wondering earlier about trying to bribe them or something, but I don't actually have any money here, though maybe we could get some from the Breland guy or something.

Someone

Adventurer
Even Stulgar himself think for a moment a guy in Morgrave is going to reward them for the supposed information. The woman stares at Stulgar, and then at Niccolo, and smiles. "Have a seat. Who did you say was sending you? Maybe we can have a chat with him, or her - something can be lost in the chain of messengers, you know."

Rystil Arden

First Post
'Hmm...I wonder if he'll claim we were sent by Raven d'Orien. At the very least, that's someone with whom the adventurer could have a 'chat', at least once we find her again.'

inky

First Post
Niccolo - male human swashbuckler

"Sorry," Niccolo says, "Trying to decide what to say. But I guess I'd better be honest -- we don't know who it is. We were contacted by an intermediary, Raven d'Orien, to hire us to try to track the artifacts from Basher's company down. If you'd like to set up a meeting with her, we could arrange something .. assuming, that is, that you have some information that would be worth selling."

Someone

Adventurer
"We may." says her after a while. "I suppose you've spoken with the authorities before coming down here and they told you about us. I don't want to dissapoint your mysterious patron, but we kept nothing of what we brought from Basher's grave, but if he was carrying something specific we may go back to the Mourlands and look for it more thoroughly. What was it, anyway?"

[sblock=Siobhan]You've seen the type: greedy adventurers who care for nothing but gold. They are not common at the Shard, but sadly they outnumber the nice ones. She's sneaky, but not exactly lying: she's just trying to buy time and know what the hell is Niccolo talking about and if they can get some money out of it.

The three brutes behing her don't pay much attention to the conversation, except the wild shifter. He gets more interested the second it passes.[/sblock]

Someone

Adventurer
ooc: Is there any problem? I'd like to finish the adventure soon, and we can do it in less than a month if we can instill some life into this thread.

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Siobhan is going to keep quiet unless she has something important to say--I think the key problem was, as I suspected before, that the social character broke off to another thread. If this was one of my other characters, I'd be more than happy to take charge, but not with Siobhan. As is, we need to wait for Niccolo)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads