• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Great Sidekick Showdown! Nominate Here

DonTadow

First Post
Mad Hatter said:
30.Ron Stoppable (from Kim Possible)

Biography (from wikipedia.com): Kim's best friend and sidekick. The two of them have known each other since pre-school, and have been best friends for most of their lives. Ron is easy-going, cheerful, and kind-hearted, but also extremely clumsy, goofy, and lacking in common sense. Kim sometimes gets impatient with his randomness and weirdness, but thanks to his kind heart over the years she's learned to tolerate and accept it.

On missions, Kim usually uses him as a distraction, since he seems like he couldn't hit someone if his life depended on it (which it usually does). This may be due more to an aversion to violence rather than a lack of skill; both Ron and Rufus have shown to be quite gifted in the "Monkey Kung Fu" skill, or Tai Shing Pek Kwar, introduced by Monkey Fist (whom he once defeated without any help), and Ron has proven highly formidable on the few occasions he's been motivated to actually fight an enemy. During his time at Yamonuchi, a ninja school in Japan, Ron was found to be worthy of the mystical Lotus Blade, which can take on the form of multiple weapons and be summoned at will. Ron is also very good at dodging things, and on two separate occasions he's managed to successfully evade the combined attacks of both Kim and Shego. He also has incredible amounts of dumb luck (which he calls "dumb skill"), and in a Clouseau-esque manner often manages to bumblingly help save the day by sheer accident.

Although he often appears to be somewhat clueless and thick-headed, this is only because he's usually so random and unfocused. On the rare occasions when he's been motivated to concentrate on something, he's actually proven to be quite bright. He once built a doomsday machine out of random junk after being kidnapped by Drakken. Later, after a mishap that caused him to turn evil, he proved even more dangerous than Drakken by commanding fear and respect from Shego and almost succeeding in destroying the world.

Besides, he has the coolest name. It isn't even an alias.

Ron Stoppable was picked as number 21 earlier.

warlord

First Post
Now I nominate the BADDEST sidekick of them all the one, the only DARTH VADER!!!!! That's right kids under the "Disagree with me and I choke the life out of you attitude" and badass saber skills he's really just the Emperor's sidekick.

Szatany

First Post
31. Q

Q (standing for Quartermaster), like M, is a job title rather than a name. He is the head of Q branch, the fictional research and development division of the British Secret Service. The Q character actually appears only fleetingly in Ian Fleming's novels, but comes into his own in the successful James Bond movie series. The character of Q (although not always identified as such) has appeared in each of the 007 films except for Live and Let Die.

Q1.jpg

Szatany

First Post
32. Orko (He-Man)

"Orko" is an inept magician from the parallel dimensional world of Trolla. He moves around by levitating and is often the comic relief. Orko also knows Adam's secret identity and sometimes has a hard time not revealing the secret.

orko.jpg

Szatany

First Post
33. Gir (Invader Zim)

GIR is essentially a psychotic, stupid robot slave belonging to Zim. He is easily influenced and impossible to fully control. He is a modified SIR (Standard Information Retrieval) unit, although not even he is aware of what the "G" in GIR stands for. Occasionally he reverts to behaviour expected of a normal SIR unit (during which time his eyes, torso, and wrist spheres change colour to red), but this is normally short-lived. He is incapable of focusing his attention on important things for long periods of time and often speaks with no relevant coherent thought in mind. He is often the reason Zim fails in his attempts. His normal disguise is a very shoddy green dog suit. He is infatuated with Earth culture and is a very popular character.

GIR is a "custom" SIR only in that he was haphazardly put together out of trash by the Tallest—to prevent the waste of a good, working unit on Zim. His CPU apparently is held together with bubble gum, pennies and a paper clip. To everyone's surprise, GIR actually boots, and is technically functional.

017046CTPDc.jpg

Gir in a dogsuit flying on a pigball.

34. Grima Wormtongue

As an intelligent and thoughtful individual he didn't really feel at home in society of barbarians that inhabited Rohan. He also couldn't hope to have Eowyn, because he was not handsome warrior, so he turned to the service of Saruman. Grima was smart enough to become King's most trusted advisor. But he still didn't have any friends, poor misunderstood guy.

He even has a fansite: http://www.grimawormtongue.com/miss.html

wotr_wormtongue_candle-535x355.jpg

Last edited:

Szatany

First Post
BEHOLD! THE GREATEST SIDEKICK OF ALL!

35. Mr. Spock (Star Trek, The Original Series)

Spock is the son of the Vulcan ambassador Sarek and his human wife Amanda Grayson. Although Spock identified himself as Vulcan, he had an ongoing internal conflict between the reason and logic of his Vulcan half and the emotion and intuition of his human half. By human standards, however, he was incredibly logical and utterly unflappable in the face of danger.

Spock001.jpg

DonTadow

First Post
Hmm, now here's the thing, do we allow darth vader or not. I honestly don't want to. With him finishing second in the villian's thing, I think he'd win it easily, and i'm not sure if he's a sidekick or not. He's more of henchmen.

But this is you guys poll, not mine. If its unanimous I'll add him.

DarrenGMiller

First Post
R2-d2

Since I had two alternated yesterday that will become my first two picks today, here is my third and final pick for today:

r2d2.jpg

R2-D2 was the droid sidekick to both the hero and the anti-hero of the Star Wars saga (okay, so he was a sidekick for Anakin, not Vader). He is the droid version of Nodwick. While the fighter pilot is in his ocmofrtable cockpit, R2 is out in the back, fixing things, helping to target, serving as a conscience, etc. He is a movie projector, locksmith and lots of other things.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads