The Grey Mist

Shayuri

First Post
(OOC - Great googlymoogly, I did NOT intend to take this long! Sorry!)

Silhouette whirled to face the One, transforming from a withered, cowled crone to the young, winged shape he/they were more familiar with. She listened to his/their proposal, her silvery eyes slitted. When he/they were done, she laughed.

"Speaking in riddles now, how well you've done for yourself," she tells him. "You come with a gift," she holds out a hand, "no, a favor," she yanks her hand back. "I've earned the forest...but you give it to me. And now you want...gnomes."

"Did you earn the gnomes? Will they be gifts?" Sil lifted her hand to her temple and swayed unsteadily. "Your subtlety confuses me, Lord of Bugs. I am but a simple creature, so I will speak simply."

She grinned, catlike. "I will give you what you want, and more, if you will play a game with me."

Voda Vosa

First Post
The One and the Many gestures towards the sky. "Earning something doesn't mean you can take it. A wolf might earn it's prey, but a mighty buffalo might not want to share its flesh with the wolf, no matter how hard the wolf has worked to earn it. This is the same, this forest is part of us, we are the forest and the forest is us. We are ready to offer you a part of ourselves, as recognition for your accession to godhood. And yes, we ask for a gift, or a favour, name it as you please, we care not about proper words." tells the shambling mountain.
"We will play, as in playing is learning. What would you like to play?"

Shayuri

First Post
"Lets make things," Silhouette suggests. "The strangest, most useless things we can imagine, one at a time. Then, whoever didn't make the thing has to think of a way to use it. And it has to be a proper way, not something silly like 'my pet.' It has to be of use in the world, even if the use is a bit silly or strange itself."

"Whoever comes up with something so bizarre that the other can't think of a use for it, wins!"

"If you win, I'll give you gnomes and even some elves to spirit away to whatever far places you like."

She squinted in through, trying to decide what she wanted from the One and Many...or at least putting on a show of trying to decide.

"If I win, then you'll cede me the forest as you were planning anyway...but I also want something else. If I win, then you'll make for me a special kind of bug that I will describe to you."

A tiny hand shot out, open to accept a shake.

"Deal?"

Shayuri

First Post
Silhouette shivered with glee at the new game, and focused on the towering visage of the One with a gimlet gaze. What would confound him? No fungus or insect or the like... She would start small and test his mettle.

"A thing of fins and scales I be,
But void of any eyes to see,
What shall I do to hide or eat?
Tell me what you'll make from me."

She waved her hand over a little pool of water...and in it appeared a fish. A perfectly ordinary fish, save that its skin grew around its eyes, covering them entirely.

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Thy shall thrive,
where no one else can see,
in the ponds of caves you'll live,
among others so blind like thy."

Replied the One and the Many, trying to follow a rhythm, but not so successful at it. Taking a moment to think about a riddle, the Lord of Plants moved from right to left, like a tree, moved by an invisible wind current.

"I'm a plant, of ever green
But I can't stand the bright sun,
nor in the air I can breath,
how should I live, where could I spawn?"

Before Silhouette a single strap of plant appeared, with no root, no steam, just a plain green "leaf".

Myth and Legend

First Post
Heliasillyel spread her arms and smiled with glee, floating above and to the right of Ubarya's giant form. "Gifts are that which is offered freely and in good will, I aim not to bind but to unify."

The Goddess smiled as her followers took to commanding the Golems and stacking the chests filled with treasure. They were shaken by the presence of not one but two deities and managed to only mumble their gratitude in response to Ubarya.

The Smiling Maiden, as she had now required some of her age old wisdom, could read the handsigns of Ubarya's priestess, but remained silent. The female reminded the Sun Goddess of an ill begotten and foul race of Dark Elves, but that too, was an old grudge and had no place in this new world.

"Mal-Darr - she spoke to the red haired male. - I am your godmother in more ways then one. I remember bestowing upon you strength of heart and of arm in equal measure. You will turn in to a fierce warrior for your Goddess I am sure."

The Goddess began singing a slow but positive tune while she gazed outwards at the night filled landscape of Ubarya's realm. She extended her mind towards that of her sister, not letting their conversation be privy to the mortals around.

[sblock=Mindspeak]"Our daughter has been active in both mischief and Godly deeds. I think it only appropriate for us to visit upon her and her new found races, and offer wisdom in a subtle way. It is often the folly of freshly springed Gods to view their followers as their playthings. I would think it quite beneficial if our mutual alliance extended to Silhouette as well. This world is far from secure as it is."[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Ubariya speaks to Heliasillyel. "If you permit, allow Shiv 'umm Havaa and the Mal-Darr to show to your children the beauty of the Cradle. Much of it was a gift from the One but I was forced to modify much of his growth to more accurately reflect the purity of the souls that reside here before taking the next steps of their journey. If I may say so myself, it is beautiful in its raw essence."
[sblock=Mindspeak]"I am willing to ally with Silhouette. But it is the way of daughters to find their own way to maturity and disregard the advice of their mothers. If her actions are foolish then we should hope she learns from them. After all," Ubariya says with a small smile, "she has not yet reached such an age nor acquired such hard-won wisdom through years as we have. I will agree to a visit with her and with alliance should she choose to accept it but I do not wish to drive her to those who might seek to enlist her in their own unfathomable or destructive plots. Because of this, I will keep my criticisms of her methods to myself unless I feel they endanger the world we have built. Do you agree?"[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
(OOC - I have to roffle...I spent all weekend trying to figure out what that plant was in "reality." Now I think you may just be messing with me. :))

Silhouette considers the leaf for a moment. The rules of engagement were such that she couldn't alter the nature of it...that would be crass cheating. So she had to think of a way that a plant that couldn't bear sun nor air to be useful. It was an unexpected challenge. And delicious.

"In the depths of the sea, we'll find it there,
Untouched by sun, and wind and air.
Where the water's warmed by Lavaria's wishes,
The plant will thrive, and feed the fishes."

With a *plunk* noise, the leaf vanished.

Silhouette scratched her chin as she thought. The One/Many was better at this than she expected. Maybe he could be thrown by something just plain absurd?

"Beak of a duck and tail of a beaver,
Fur on its body, scales and claws on its feet.
Like something from a dream in a fever,
This egg-laying mammal's a strange little treat!"

It appeared before them, a flat, squat little critter like a hodgepodge of seveal other animals. Silhouette put her hands on her hips. "What do you think of THAT?"

Last edited:

Myth and Legend

First Post
The Sun Goddess smiled and nodded. "I agree sister. Shall we stroll around your domain for a bit? I would like to see more of your work, and then invite you for the celebrations that we will have in a few days time. Perhaps others would like to join as well. What of the Plant Lord? Or Lavaria?"

Remove ads