The Hunt for the Blue Palace (Yoon Suin/Troika!)

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
"This is creepy!" exclaims Pinpehlu as he struggles with the severed arm of one of these strange creatures.

Dropping his hook to the ground to hold the arm tightly with both hands, Pinpehlu advances on the monster that is threatening Dubi Gan and tries to thrust the arm and dagger into it.

OOC: Ha, so I attempt to use their arms against them! ;)

Not sure what to add to the roll; I assume it's a knife attack (with complications) so I'll use that one. Adjust as you see fit.

Pinpehlu attacks with a third arm: 2D6+5 = [3, 2]+5 = 10 ; 1D6 = [6] = 6 Which would mean 8 dagage, if it hits.

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
@JustinCase This is clearly a wrestling move! This would mean that you are using your strength (halved), for a total of 12, and the arm is resisting:

arm defending itself from pinpehlu: 2D6+3 = [6, 2]+3 = 11
1D6 = [2] = 2

You barely manage to wrangle the arm into doing what you wanted it to do, but it's more of a meat-club than a dagger trust. This is an unusual situation, so I'm ruling it's an unarmed attack, with 2 damage inflicted on your target and 1 damage inflicted onto the arm. (max damage, spread between the 2).

Said arm twists in your grasp and tries to stab you!

arm tries to stab pinpehlu: 2D6+3 = [2, 3]+3 = 8
1D6 = [1] = 1

(Please give me another opposed strength check (with a bonus of +2) to resist)

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
At first, Subötaï took those silly insects for some inoffensive and stupid critters. But when Pinpehlu showed him the arm he just severed, the lawyer understood he had to provide his services. The shining blade slashed the air swiftly and Subötaï took his defensive stance waiting for his opponent, or what's left of it, to do his move.

ophilone defending vs lawyer: 2D6+5 = [2, 3]+5 = 10
1D6 = [1] = 1

The creature is utterly unable to block your attack. Severed arms go flying and you shear off a slice from the central body - the creature collapses, unable to even scream.

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Pinpehlu shakes the arm violently as it twists and try stab him. There are cracking noises (the arm takes 2 more damage) but there still seems to be a little bit of fight in it left!
(both you and the stabbing arm have taken their actions in this round)

Last edited:

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Dubai Gan looked around in a panic for his shield. His first thought was to save himself from injury. He spotted it on the ground with Pinpehlu's yoke - the porter had been carrying it for him. He stepped forward to get it, but one of the creatures was too close. He remembered to draw his sword and he shied back, staying behind the large porter until an opportunity arose where he could stick out his foot and slide his shield over to him. The moment came as the porter reached for the creature and Dubi Gan scrambled to lift the shield and get it ready in case he was attacked.

OOC: I got a six, so I guess it took my turn. At least he's finally ready to fight.

Last edited:

Remove ads