• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The "I Didn't Comment in Another Thread" Thread

prabe

Tension, apprension, and dissension have begun
Supporter
Its pretty wild right? I dont understand the antagonism, unless people are just getting rando's (DM or Players) all the time, and trying to make it work.

I know for sure that wouldnt work for me.
I was looking to expand my comfort zone some. It worked. I don't know that I'd want to count on it working again.

RealAlHazred

Frumious Flumph (Your Grace/Your Eminence)
I find that, if I DM D&D for my enemies, I am far more comfortable enforcing reasonable consequences for all of that agency I give the players...

The use of my invulnerable superhero as a battering ram ended when the dragon swung him, head first, in to a magical metal pillar. The GM ruled that his head came clean off. Despite being invulnerable I had created my character with some very obvious and exploitable flaws, however, after this I determined that playing with munchkins required stooping to a bit of munchkinism. Meet my next character: The Demigod son of Loki, who turned to good by becoming an Apok. Magic, Psionics, teleportation..... To know how truly silly that character was would require a fair bit of knowledge of the game, and its expansion books.
sounds like pun pun

Mad_Jack

Legend
Does anyone play D&D with their friends anymore?

I try not to play with my friends.

When I get bored, I tend to accidentally end up breaking the things I'm playing with... :p

On a more serious note, I don't really like playing with random people all that much, because there's almost always at least one person in the group who's going to irritate me for some reason. Poor table behavior, inability or unwillingness to function as part of a group, a joke character, whatever...

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
On a more serious note, I don't really like playing with random people all that much, because there's almost always at least one person in the group who's going to irritate me for some reason. Poor table behavior, inability or unwillingness to function as part of a group, a joke character, whatever...
I've been doing GenCon Online games since 2020 and while there's at least one person each year who thinks this is a solo game with sidekicks, the majority of the random people have been great. (It helps, I'm sure, that you have to pay at least a nominal fee for games, to ensure you'll show up.)

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
A: And the Sorcerer became the most popular of the spell casting classes. Not to mention that the Sorcerer fixed a lot of the horrible flaws in the Wizard. It also doesn't have many of the awful things the Warlock has, even though the Warlock is now more popular because it's the hot new thing.

B: I don't think the Sorcerer is actually more popular than the Wizard, is it?

A: Why do you have to make this a fight about which class is best!?!

Remove ads