The "I Didn't Comment in Another Thread" Thread

Another thread calling people liars and thieves

With the new D&D movie being called Honor Among Thieves, and thieves are fashionable again, can we bring back Thief as as core class? I know it was changed because people who could spell wrote theif and they needed an opportunity to mispell rouge, but hey...

Last edited:

Rifts - The player with the dragon PC took to using my invulnerable superhero character to batter down doors. I was... not amused.

Confusing warforged with more metallic robot, one of mine was used as a fuse in an eldritch machine. "Don't worry, we've enough cash to resurrect you, it can't fail to work". I am sometime gaming with eldritch players.

The same group in a former edition concluded that mummy rot would kill several players so summoned a cockatrice to turn half the group to stone and well, stay around until they could come back with appropriate magic (was it Break enchantment?) to cure it.

Ryujin

Legend
Confusing warforged with more metallic robot, one of mine was used as a fuse in an eldritch machine. "Don't worry, we've enough cash to resurrect you, it can't fail to work". I am sometime gaming with eldritch players.

The same group in a former edition concluded that mummy rot would kill several players so summoned a cockatrice to turn half the group to stone and well, stay around until they could come back with appropriate magic (was it Break enchantment?) to cure it.
The use of my invulnerable superhero as a battering ram ended when the dragon swung him, head first, in to a magical metal pillar. The GM ruled that his head came clean off. Despite being invulnerable I had created my character with some very obvious and exploitable flaws, however, after this I determined that playing with munchkins required stooping to a bit of munchkinism. Meet my next character: The Demigod son of Loki, who turned to good by becoming an Apok. Magic, Psionics, teleportation..... To know how truly silly that character was would require a fair bit of knowledge of the game, and its expansion books.

MarkB

Legend
Now I want to do a D&D scenario that involves a company selling this as a service to people with incurable conditions, along the lines of real-world cryogenics corps.

And then a scenario where the players are all characters from a previous campaign who took advantage of this service and then wake up in a futuristic fantasy world.

prabe

Tension, apprension, and dissension have begun
Supporter
That old "Player vs. DM" mindset is still alive and well, I see.

Does anyone play D&D with their friends anymore?
I do. Both the groups I started at game stores, two of the people at the table were long-standing gaming friends, and one of the people at the table was my wife. Both those groups have been going long enough I like and trust everyone at the table.

Remove ads