• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The "I Didn't Comment in Another Thread" Thread

I found a new to kill your D&D group without playing actual D&D

61b0UIziJ0L._AC_SL1200_.jpg

Oh my.

Nothing is as funny as a guy who would probably be dead without modern medicine rant into his shiny phone camera live on the internet while flying over the Arctic Circle to participate in a globally televised event of artificially enhanced, by designer drugs no less, men and women prance around on stage covered in fake tan, scream and yell about how we MUST reject modernity.

Tell it to the Cromags.
I'm honestly not sure what you're trying to get at here because I'm talking about the following quote:

I got quite a bit of criticism for that. I know that people were saying after reading the third book, that it was my equivalent of saying,"It were old fields around here once" which it wasn't, that wasn't what I was saying. What I was saying was that I don't think it was unfair to choose [The Threepenny Opera] as representing a big important cultural event of 1910. I don't think it was unfair choosing Donald Cammell's Performance as representing a big important cultural event in 1969 and I don't think it was unfair choosing J. K. Rowling's Harry Potter as representing a big cultural event in the early 21st Century. I would say that if you were to plot those things along the graph — the line isn't going up. I think that it's a fair comment that our approach to culture — in the mainstream — has degenerated ... I wasn't saying that all culture in the late 21st Century was rubbish or I wasn't saying that culture was doomed. I was saying that mainstream culture was becoming repetitive, was not having original ideas, would no longer be capable of coming up with a Performance, leave alone a Threepenny Opera.
Interview with John Higgs, Author of Stranger Than We Can Imagine: Making Sense of the Twentieth Century, discussing the controversy of the third volume of The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen.

Asisreo

Patron Badass
I didn't feel like starting a new thread on this but man AI is extremely powerful when making an adventure (at home, of course). I got an entire home base city complete with over 20 attractions done in less than an hour. Of course, you need to tweak a lot of things but the pace of writing has become unreal to me.

Remove ads