• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The "I Didn't Comment in Another Thread" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

overgeeked

B/X Known World
We have both had plenty of disagreements, but we are still both here, talking about the hobby we love. I don't personally want to ignore those who disagree because every human perspective is important, even if I think it is wrong.

Hopefully you can get that cleared up.
I try not to ignore people unless they get personal or crappy in their responses. Unfortunately, it’s still a fairly long list of people.

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing (He/They)
Scenes from Tasha's Pizzeria of Everything
Encore

Tasha's:
Oh hello Mr. Landlord! Your usual? Plain cheese, easy on the cheese and sauce, right?
Landlord: Um, no thank you. Listen, this is awkward...but I've decided to put a hamburger chain here.
Tasha's: Here? At this location?
Landlord: Yes. I'm moving away from pizzas, and the analytics suggest hamburgers will be more profitable. Here's the paperwork.
Tasha's: I see. Well, that is certainly within your rights. Thank you for giving me notice.
Landlord: And thank you for your understanding. Here's a book of hamburger recipes for you, too.
Tasha's: Oh that's okay, I'm going to keep selling pizzas.
Landlord: (gasping) What? You can't do that!
Tasha's: I can't do that here, you mean. But I can lease the space across the street.
Landlord: ...
Tasha's: The property owner is a friend of mine, and my customers will barely notice.
Landlord: But your customers are all going to eat hamburgers from now on.
Tasha's: You think so?
Landlord: ...yes?

Last edited:

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Its a personal choice. You don't have to be rude or incendiary at all. If they don't want to hear your opinions they can block you for any reason. I think typically they do have good reason to, but its not always clear but that's how it works.
Yeah, I have a number of people blocked, sometimes for being asshats, but sometimes just for consistently having opinions that make me pound my forehead on my desk. Life's too short to be tempted to argue with them every time I see them say something, so I just slapped them on ignore and improved both of our lives.

Last edited:

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
Yeah, I have a number of people blocked, sometimes for being asshats, but sometimes just for consistently having opinions that make me pound my forehead on my desk. Life's too short to be tempted to argue with them every time I see them say something, so I just slapped them on ignore and improved both of our lives.
I only have a few and its never because of what they say, it's always about how they say it. Also, how often.

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing (He/They)
I only have a few and its never because of what they say, it's always about how they say it. Also, how often.
Same here. I have only ever blocked a handful of people, and usually for really odious behavior like using sealioning people, hate-speech, or using dog whistles. They don't last very long on ENWorld...they usually end up getting banned shortly after I block them...I've seen a handful of them in old threads, with strikes through their names. Silly rabbits.

The last person I blocked wouldn't let me leave an argument. They kept quoting and @ing me even after I had left the thread, demanding I come back and answer a question to their satisfaction. When they started sending me direct messages, I blocked them. I bet they're still shouting into the void, months later, trying to "win" that argument.

EDIT: Huh. I just checked, and my Ignore list is blank. I guess the list drops them when they get banned from ENWorld?

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads