• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The "I Didn't Comment in Another Thread" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hussar

Legend
In other weirdness though, I did discover that I was blocked by someone and I have absolutely no idea why or when. Totally bizarre. Hadn't interacted with that poster in years, and don't ever remember it being a negative interaction. Must have said something. Has made following some of the recent conversations a bit tricky though. Wish I could appologise for whatever I said. Just one of those really out of left field things.

Art Waring

halozix.com
In other weirdness though, I did discover that I was blocked by someone and I have absolutely no idea why or when. Totally bizarre. Hadn't interacted with that poster in years, and don't ever remember it being a negative interaction. Must have said something. Has made following some of the recent conversations a bit tricky though. Wish I could appologise for whatever I said. Just one of those really out of left field things.
We have both had plenty of disagreements, but we are still both here, talking about the hobby we love. I don't personally want to ignore those who disagree because every human perspective is important, even if I think it is wrong.

Hopefully you can get that cleared up.

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
I had a similar experience. I sent a PM apologizing for whatever I may have done to deserve a block. I also explained how I enjoy interacting with them on the discussions. I left it at that and didnt bother them again. I never received a reply back, but I was unblocked shortly after.

G

Guest 7034872

I had a similar experience. I sent a PM apologizing for whatever I may have done to deserve a block. I also explained how I enjoy interacting with them on the discussions. I left it at that and didnt bother them again. I never received a reply back, but I was unblocked shortly after.
I'm sorry to both of you that that happened. It seems a curse of the internet medium that the risk of mutual misunderstanding is so acute. I myself consciously try to make my comments very clear on this forum and I also try never to write or act confrontationally with anyone. Even so, I've gone back over old posts of mine sometimes and noticed alarming divergences between what I meant and what a reasonable reader could interpret it to mean.

I fear this is just a burden of the digital age.

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
I'm sorry to both of you that that happened. It seems a curse of the internet medium that the risk of mutual misunderstanding is so acute. I myself consciously try to make my comments very clear on this forum and I also try never to write or act confrontationally with anyone. Even so, I've gone back over old posts of mine sometimes and noticed alarming divergences between what I meant and what a reasonable reader could interpret it to mean.

I fear this is just a burden of the digital age.
Its a personal choice. You don't have to be rude or incendiary at all. If they don't want to hear your opinions they can block you for any reason. I think typically they do have good reason to, but its not always clear but that's how it works.

G

Guest 7034872

Its a personal choice. You don't have to be rude or incendiary at all.
Exactly, and that's what I try to do. The problem I've hit sometimes is that even while consciously trying not to be rude or incendiary, sometimes people justifiably read it as if it were. Subtext, I think, just gets really hard when we cannot see each other's faces and body postures. When the same conversations have been face-to-face, haven't they gone a lot more smoothly for you? They have for me.
If they don't want to hear your opinions they can block you for any reason. I think typically they do have good reason to, but its not always clear but that's how it works.
Yep, and PM with as much pride-swallowing as possible is about the only reliable remedy I've found.

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
Interviewer: "You've always been the most popular pizza place in the area, but in the last poll you're also the most popular bar and have the highest rated pizza and atmosphere (which you've had sometimes before), and for the first time the highest rated calzones, pasta, delivery service, and catering. What changes did you make to improve so dramatically - new recipes? new management? new training?"

Pizzeria owner: "We burned down the competition, duh! ... Oh crap, is this on the record!?!?"

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads