• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The "I Didn't Comment in Another Thread" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Looks like some people have decided to be nothing short of furious at Wizards of the Coast, no matter what they do or how they do it. I really don't see the problem with the news coming out of WotC today...seems like a huge win for everyone involved. Haters gonna hate, I guess.
WotC dithered and tried to incompetently spin the situation for an extra week or so while people radicalized against them, and now lots of people are radicalized against them. It's not that surprising really. But my guess would be that, ironically, if somehow WotC had begun with Thursday's announcement as their opening proposal back when this all started most the people still out for their blood would never have gotten particularly upset in the first place.

Hussar

Legend
Literally every character from Alderaan seen in the movies is an anti-Imperial terrorist, and according to the best intelligence available at the time Alderaan was the headquarters for the biggest known military base that had just made the largest naval attack against the government since the Clone Wars. The person who claimed they were a "peaceful planet" with "no weapons" was a known Alderaanian militant enemy who was captured (while armed) on a literal warship, staffed with a military regiment.

So, yes, a military target.

Name a single time the Empire is shown supporting slavery in a Star Wars movie. I can't think of a single one. Do you know who we actually see taking part in slavery? The Jedi. Under the rule of the Jedi and the Republic, slavery is not only allowed on Tatooine, but supported. Qui Gon literally takes part in the slave trade economy when they visit. And no Jedi, not even Anakin, returns to free the slaves of Tatooine. It is an accepted part of the economy in the Republic. And how about those clones? Do you think any of the soldiers in the Republic were given a choice about their servitude?

As a side note, the slaves seen on Kessel in "Solo" were owned by the Pyke Syndicate, which was considered a criminal organizations by both the Republic and the Empire.

The slavery issue is just like the Imperial "racism" I discussed above. The people we see committing these crimes in the movies aren't the Empire, but rather the Republic; the Jedi. If you have any evidence of "complete loss of civil freedoms" in the movies actually attributable to the Empire in the movies, I'd love to hear it.
I take it you haven't watched Andor. :D

Again, blowing up a planet to make a point isn't really a good act. The Death Star is a military target. Planets aren't. Never minding things like, oh, I dunno, actually FINDING military targets? No, they blew up the planet mostly because they could.

I'll agree 100% that the Jedi are far from good.

I'd also point out that the Empire simply executed their clones once they were no longer needed. See The Bad Batch. Oh, and let's not forget that they wipe out the planet that made the clones in order to make sure no one else does it. After taking slave scientists of course.

Then again, if we're limited to the movies, well, that's a bit tricky isn't it?

Ryujin

Legend
WotC dithered and tried to incompetently spin the situation for an extra week or so while people radicalized against them, and now lots of people are radicalized against them. It's not that surprising really. But my guess would be that, ironically, if somehow WotC had begun with Thursday's announcement as their opening proposal back when this all started most the people still out for their blood would never have gotten particularly upset in the first place.
The Empire blew up Alderan and got even more zealots as a result.

WotC blew up OGL1 and got even more zealots as a result.

Coincidence? I think not.

Jimmy Fallon What GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him) 🇺🇦🇵🇸🏳️‍⚧️
Literally every character from Alderaan seen in the movies is an anti-Imperial terrorist, and according to the best intelligence available at the time Alderaan was the headquarters for the biggest known military base that had just made the largest naval attack against the government since the Clone Wars. The person who claimed they were a "peaceful planet" with "no weapons" was a known Alderaanian militant enemy who was captured (while armed) on a literal warship, staffed with a military regiment.

So, yes, a military target.
Well, of course the Empire would rationalize it like that, but since literally everyone watching in the audience can see it for the evil that it is, it's a really big demonstration of their brutal morality. You don't get much more "show, don't tell" than blowing up Alderaan. Though, honestly, strangling the captured captain of a ship, or even other officers in a board meeting, kind of demonstrates it as well.

Actually, Star Wars: A New Hope does a really GOOD job of showing, not telling us, how evil the empire is.

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
RE: Citrus Drinks

I used to drink lots of Diet Mt. Dew... to the extent that even if the artificial sweetener is safe I wouldn't be surprised if that much of some other ingredients was bad. Did it actually have any real citrus in it?

Now its probably a good Shandy or Radler. I usually only have two or three beers a week, but the Schöfferhofer Grapefruit Hefeweizen is in my rotatoin.

Last edited:

Ryujin

Legend
RE: Citrus Drinks

I used to drink lots of Diet Mt. Dew... to the extent that even if the artificial sweetener is safe I wouldn't be surprised if that much of some other ingredients was bad. Did it actually have any real citrus in it?

Now its probably a good Shandy or Radler. I probably only have two or three beers a week, but the Schöfferhofer Grapefruit Hefeweizen is in my rotatoin.
Fresca lists grapefruit juice in the ingredients so it's unfortunately off my list, due to a possible drug interaction. And yes, I'm one of those weird people who actually likes the stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads