The "I Didn't Comment in Another Thread" Thread

Mad_Jack

Legend
Murphy's Law, Godwin's Law, Newton's Law, Wheaton's Law...

Whose law is it that whenever I'm expecting an email on a time-sensitive matter, it ALWAYS takes ten times longer for them to get back to me than it usually does? :mad:

Since it doesn't involve bards or pizza, I can't blame Snarf...

Scribe

Legend
Murphy's Law, Godwin's Law, Newton's Law, Wheaton's Law...

Whose law is it that whenever I'm expecting an email on a time-sensitive matter, it ALWAYS takes ten times longer for them to get back to me than it usually does? :mad:

Since it doesn't involve bards or pizza, I can't blame Snarf...

Thats the 80/20 law I believe.

Scribe

Legend
Naw, 80/20 makes great stuff.

Why the Name 80/20?​

Pareto.jpg

Vilfredo Pareto​

In business, the 80/20 theory is a powerful tool. This theory is called Pareto's Law after Vilfredo Pareto (1843-1923), an Italian economist and sociologist who said that 80% of your results come from 20% of your efforts.

----

Now, that said, I bet only 20% of the employees are really doing the work. ;)

Ryujin

Legend

Why the Name 80/20?​

Pareto.jpg

Vilfredo Pareto​

In business, the 80/20 theory is a powerful tool. This theory is called Pareto's Law after Vilfredo Pareto (1843-1923), an Italian economist and sociologist who said that 80% of your results come from 20% of your efforts.

----

Now, that said, I bet only 20% of the employees are really doing the work. ;)
Hence why I posted it ;)

I used a bit of their product to make my wire coiling rig, for my chainmailing, and I hope someday to be able to build a ring cutter using it, and some plexiglass. My current cutter is only good for aluminum, brass, and bronze. It isn't solid enough for iron or steel.

Mad_Jack

Legend

:oops: Daaaayummm... Back when I was doing chainmail I had a U-shaped wooden frame made out of 2x4's and a threaded metal dowel with a hand-crank on the end... I kept the tension steady and the wire in the groove by hand. :oops:
I stopped doing mail when my arthritis started kicking in around age 25 and I couldn't spend a couple hours cranking 14-gauge wire with my bare hands anymore.

Ryujin

Legend
:oops: Daaaayummm... Back when I was doing chainmail I had a U-shaped wooden frame made out of 2x4's and a threaded metal dowel with a hand-crank on the end... I kept the tension steady and the wire in the groove by hand. :oops:
I stopped doing mail when my arthritis started kicking in around age 25 and I couldn't spend a couple hours cranking 14-gauge wire with my bare hands anymore.
That's 16 gauge aluminum in the video. I started by using a hand cranked windlass as well.

overgeeked

B/X Known World
“I am incapable of regulating my own emotions, and refuse to learn how, therefore everyone else must regulate their speech so I am not exposed to thoughts and ideas I don’t like.”

Nah.

Remove ads