• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The "I Didn't Comment in Another Thread" Thread

Mad_Jack

Legend
Murphy's Law, Godwin's Law, Newton's Law, Wheaton's Law...

Whose law is it that whenever I'm expecting an email on a time-sensitive matter, it ALWAYS takes ten times longer for them to get back to me than it usually does? :mad:

Since it doesn't involve bards or pizza, I can't blame Snarf...

Scribe

Legend
Murphy's Law, Godwin's Law, Newton's Law, Wheaton's Law...

Whose law is it that whenever I'm expecting an email on a time-sensitive matter, it ALWAYS takes ten times longer for them to get back to me than it usually does? :mad:

Since it doesn't involve bards or pizza, I can't blame Snarf...

Thats the 80/20 law I believe.

Scribe

Legend
Naw, 80/20 makes great stuff.

Why the Name 80/20?​

Pareto.jpg

Vilfredo Pareto​

In business, the 80/20 theory is a powerful tool. This theory is called Pareto's Law after Vilfredo Pareto (1843-1923), an Italian economist and sociologist who said that 80% of your results come from 20% of your efforts.

----

Now, that said, I bet only 20% of the employees are really doing the work. ;)

Ryujin

Legend

Why the Name 80/20?​

Pareto.jpg

Vilfredo Pareto​

In business, the 80/20 theory is a powerful tool. This theory is called Pareto's Law after Vilfredo Pareto (1843-1923), an Italian economist and sociologist who said that 80% of your results come from 20% of your efforts.

----

Now, that said, I bet only 20% of the employees are really doing the work. ;)
Hence why I posted it ;)

I used a bit of their product to make my wire coiling rig, for my chainmailing, and I hope someday to be able to build a ring cutter using it, and some plexiglass. My current cutter is only good for aluminum, brass, and bronze. It isn't solid enough for iron or steel.

Mad_Jack

Legend

:oops: Daaaayummm... Back when I was doing chainmail I had a U-shaped wooden frame made out of 2x4's and a threaded metal dowel with a hand-crank on the end... I kept the tension steady and the wire in the groove by hand. :oops:
I stopped doing mail when my arthritis started kicking in around age 25 and I couldn't spend a couple hours cranking 14-gauge wire with my bare hands anymore.

Ryujin

Legend
:oops: Daaaayummm... Back when I was doing chainmail I had a U-shaped wooden frame made out of 2x4's and a threaded metal dowel with a hand-crank on the end... I kept the tension steady and the wire in the groove by hand. :oops:
I stopped doing mail when my arthritis started kicking in around age 25 and I couldn't spend a couple hours cranking 14-gauge wire with my bare hands anymore.
That's 16 gauge aluminum in the video. I started by using a hand cranked windlass as well.

overgeeked

B/X Known World
“I am incapable of regulating my own emotions, and refuse to learn how, therefore everyone else must regulate their speech so I am not exposed to thoughts and ideas I don’t like.”

Nah.

Remove ads