The "I Didn't Comment in Another Thread" Thread

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
So, if there is no free will, does that mean we can't blame someone for their posts? Or does it make it ok to make bad posts a capital offense (since we weren't exercising free will in calling it bad or carrying out the punishment)?

<insert Rush song>

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
If you're trying to ship one a long distance you freeze it?

Anyway, it gets kind of gross if you leave the leftovers out from dinner until dawn...
Funny story, but when a pizza shop sets up a pizza ready to bake but holds it for a customer its called parbake. My buddy works as a marketer for a pizza chain locally here. The first website they had was sort of janky (years ago). It forced a person to choose a special instruction from alist before submitting an order. One of the things was "parbake". Folks would choose it out of not knowing any better. Well when a half cooked pizza arrived they were none too happy.

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
Lou Malnati's does a reasonably good job of this. They ship them packed in dry ice. Not as good as being there in person, but when you're really jonsing it's better than a lot of other options.

I think the only place down here in South Carolina that we have with deep dish at is an Uno's, and we don't have any places with stuffed. I'm tempted to order a frozen one from Papa Del's in Champ-bana. If we keep talking about it, I might just pull the trigger - or maybe we could try a different place every week once we're back to in person gaming. (I once brought a batch of frozen ones from where I worked during the school year in college back to the summer camp I was working at. I don't think the one of those that's left ships).

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
Wow. Just saw that.

Both sides look awful, but there's something particularly bad about people who use the internet's anonymity to allow their egos to write checks that their comments can't cash.

There was an earlier post by someone else that went right for the jugular too. I wonder if the lockdowns are starting to get to people more and more on here lately, and if things will open up in a month or two (knock on wood).

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
There was an earlier post by someone else that went right for the jugular too. I wonder if the lockdowns are starting to get to people more and more on here lately, and if things will open up in a month or two (knock on wood).

I think that might be at least part of it. I try to be empathetic most of the time; the COVID corollary to "On the internet, no one knows you are a dog," might be, "On the internet, no one knows you are in lockdown and have just lost an elderly family member to COVID and are unsure if you're going to be getting paid next week."

This should be a respite from that stuff.

Remove ads