The "I Didn't Comment in Another Thread" Thread

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
That's me, wearing my red jacket and enjoying a delicious made-to-order pizza with @payn, @Snarf Zagyg, and a few other ENWorld members. And @Zardnaar is the android laughing in the background.

tumblr_inline_o29fumEFcR1tbsl8q_500.gif

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
Coffee flavored water that tastes bleah.
I say this as an American, born and raised:

100% agree.

The trouble with American coffee (and American food, in general) is that so much of it is heavily processed and mass-produced. Most large-scale American companies prioritize profit and shelf-stability over freshness, flavor, and nutrition. And it's not like they have a choice in the matter, either; once a company reaches a certain level of success they have to make cuts in order to keep their profit margins (and shareholders!) happy. If they don't, their shareholders leave and they go under. (Score one for the Free Market, I guess.)

American coffee, American beer, American burgers, American Anything--it's always the same 1d4 food brands, fighting with each other over who is The BestTM when they are all largely identical. Identical in quality, identical in cost, identical in ingredients, identical in flavor.

So in my not-humble opinion, if you want to sample the "good" American foods and beverages, avoid those large mass-produced brands. You'll have better luck with our smaller, local coffee roasters, restaurants, and microbrewers.

Last edited:

Zardnaar

Legend
I say this as an American, born and raised:

100% agree.

The trouble with American coffee (and American food, in general) is that so much of it is heavily processed and mass-produced. Most large-scale American companies prioritize profit and shelf-stability over freshness, flavor, and nutrition. And it's not like they have a choice in the matter, either; once a company reaches a certain level of success they have to make cuts in order to keep their profit margins (and shareholders!) happy. If they don't, their shareholders leave and they go under. (Score one for the Free Market, I guess.)

American coffee, American beer, American burgers, American Anything--it's always the same 1d4 food brands, fighting with each other over who is The BestTM when they are all largely identical. Identical in quality, identical in cost, identical in ingredients, identical in flavor.

So in my not-humble opinion, if you want to sample the "good" American foods and beverages, avoid those large mass-produced brands. You'll have better luck with our smaller, local coffee roasters and microbrewers.

It's what we can buy in the international section at the supermarket.

Cheetos and Doritos are alright but they're made here. Buds drinkable (watery though).

Oreo's most candy, most chocolate is nothing special. I don't get pop tarts. Cadbury went to crap after takeover by American company.

Some of the candy is alright.

I did like gumbo and some other foods an American expat over here was selling. That was tasty, American pizza made by expats still waiting to find a great one but tried a decent one 10 years ago.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases