The "I Didn't Comment in Another Thread" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacob Lewis

Ye Olde GM
Lost. Found. Topic drift happens.
"Topic drift" wasn't my issue. I expect that, up to a point. But when the thread devolves into overly-long running gags, it loses value (at least for those who saw value in the first place).

I know. I'm not likely to change minds, and I don't want to be that person trying to shame anyone else's fun. Gods know, people need to have some fun around here!

But I think this thread offered a real function for the good of the site, and for the mental health of many. Its nice to see how other people really feel sometimes, and know that you're not the only one trying hard not to make things worse. Better to scream into the void than most alternatives. Or maybe I'm just having a hard time lately. So, again, I apologize.

And hats off to @Retreater for coming up with this in the first place.

darjr

I crit!
Gold Leader : It's no good, I can't maneuver!
Gold Five : Stay on topic.
Gold Leader : We're too close!
Gold Five : Stay on topic!

Ryujin

Legend
"Topic drift" wasn't my issue. I expect that, up to a point. But when the thread devolves into overly-long running gags, it loses value (at least for those who saw value in the first place).

I know. I'm not likely to change minds, and I don't want to be that person trying to shame anyone else's fun. Gods know, people need to have some fun around here!

But I think this thread offered a real function for the good of the site, and for the mental health of many. Its nice to see how other people really feel sometimes, and know that you're not the only one trying hard not to make things worse. Better to scream into the void than most alternatives. Or maybe I'm just having a hard time lately. So, again, I apologize.

I can't speak for others, but for me a bit of comedy is my version of "screaming into the void." It's a pressure valve. If I'm posting HERE, it's likely because of something THERE.

Bolares

Hero

I think the beauty of this thread is that no matter what off-topic we are on this week, anyone can come and scream in to the void still...

prabe

Tension, apprension, and dissension have begun
Supporter
Your definition of that term seems to include something no one else thinks is a part of that term.

Bolares

Hero
And here I've just been screaming my bad words into the Void.
mFmz3Lt.jpeg
Where can I find a mod to report the severe infraction of reposting a meme? :p :p

Asisreo

Patron Badass
I wonder if it's a symptom of life moving so fast that when we look back, we see the past in a rose-tinted view. I always thought the color of bleak was black-or-white but it might very well be blue, then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads