The "I Didn't Comment in Another Thread" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing (He/They)
My response to this morning's "hot mic" headline.

falcon-out.gif

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
Is creative mode in Minecraft viewed as easier than survival mode? (Not better, easier). Is it a controversial opinion to say so? Is hardcore mode actually a thing outside of threats to switch to it in unofficial graphic novels?

RealAlHazred

Frumious Flumph (Your Grace/Your Eminence)
Is creative mode in Minecraft viewed as easier than survival mode? (Not better, easier). Is it a controversial opinion to say so?
Creative mode is "easier" because you have access to all materials from the start. In Survival mode, you will spend significant time grinding just to get the basic materials to make things. For instance, to make any sort of Observer or other "smart block" for automatic farms, you need to get to the Nether for Nether Quartz, and you can't get to the Nether without a completed Portal, and Flint & Steel. I've made the Portal with lava while still in early game, but you need a Bucket to do that for which you need iron. It's more difficult than if you just put Obsidian blocks in the correct configuration from your infinite supply in Creative mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads