The "I Didn't Comment in Another Thread" Thread

Im a corpo so seniority doesn't really matter. Though, I hit 20 years next month!
corpo huh?

adlzhem8way41.jpg

RealAlHazred

Frumious Flumph (Your Grace/Your Eminence)
Whenever it comes to expectations, I remember some words a boss of mine said some 20 years ago at my yearly performance review.

"Liane, I received nothing but rave reviews of your performance at [customer]. Truly exceptional reviews and accolades. Really exceeding expectations. But I expected you to exceed my expectations, so really you only met my expectations. And since I expected you to exceed my expectations but you only met my expectations, technically you did not meet my expectations."

And then later that week he bought a second Mercedes with all the money he didn't give out in raises and bonuses.

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
Whenever it comes to expectations, I remember some words a boss of mine said some 20 years ago at my yearly performance review.

"Liane, I received nothing but rave reviews of your performance at [customer]. Truly exceptional reviews and accolades. Really exceeding expectations. But I expected you to exceed my expectations, so really you only met my expectations. And since I expected you to exceed my expectations but you only met my expectations, technically you did not meet my expectations."

And then later that week he bought a second Mercedes with all the money he didn't give out in raises and bonuses.

I've heard of people not getting salary increases because they don't have 5 years' experience with software that was less than 2 years old...nobody had 5 years experience with it.

Ryujin

Legend
"Why doesn't anyone want our entry level job that requires 5 years of experience? WAAHHHH!"

I worked for a computer manufacturing company that went bankrupt. (Well two, but the second went bankrupt after I left.) The president and owner of the company managed to get himself listed as the first secured creditor by registering the $2M of personal money that he put in. When everything went to hell he got everything. The bank got most of theirs. The people who sold him the equipment and product got nothing. most of the employees got nothing. He still had his shiny new BMW, that he had bought just weeks before.

eyeheartawk

#1 Enworld Jerk™
"Why doesn't anyone want our entry level job that requires 5 years of experience? WAAHHHH!"

I worked for a computer manufacturing company that went bankrupt. (Well two, but the second went bankrupt after I left.) The president and owner of the company managed to get himself listed as the first secured creditor by registering the $2M of personal money that he put in. When everything went to hell he got everything. The bank got most of theirs. The people who sold him the equipment and product got nothing. most of the employees got nothing. He still had his shiny new BMW, that he had bought just weeks before.
Have you considered a novel legal strategy dating back hundreds of years, originating in France?

alfred hitchcock workout GIF

Remove ads