• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The "I Didn't Comment in Another Thread" Thread

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing (He/They)
You know what's on my nerves about pizza right now? Facebook. Facebook is ruining pizza for me.

I just had to have a conversation with my spouse about where to order pizza from tonight. Not based on who has the best tasting pizza, not based on who is closest or cheapest. No. This was about the fact that the owner of the best local pizzeria decided to go on a rant on the company Facebook page. For the purpose of following board rules, lets just say it was about a political stance that we mostly disagree with. So now we have to ask the hard questions: Does this mean we don't order pizza from there? For how long? Does the fact that they took it down matter? Do we now need to check Facebook pages from the other local pizza joints to make sure they're not jerks or supporting other politics we don't like?

Gosh darn Facebook.
You're better off ordering from a new place anyway. In my experience, political opinions can indeed ruin the taste of food, even your favorites. Once I learned the truth about Chick-Fil-A's secret ingredient*, I can't taste anything else. Heck, it's so off-putting that get a bad taste in my mouth just walking by their establishment.

*not really a secret anymore

eyeheartawk

#1 Enworld Jerk™
You're better off ordering from a new place anyway. In my experience, political opinions can indeed ruin the taste of food, even your favorites. Once I learned the truth about Chick-Fil-A's secret ingredient*, I can't taste anything else. Heck, it's so off-putting that get a bad taste in my mouth just walking by their establishment.

The problem is where to draw the line.

I mean, all giant corporations are going to be evil. Is Target, really less evil than Wal-Mart?

You've ultimately gotta draw the line somewhere. That, or just throw up your hands, make peace that there is really no ethical consumption anyway and enjoy your Slurpee while the world burns.

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...

Chick-Fil-A sucks anyways.

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
The problem is where to draw the line.

I mean, all giant corporations are going to be evil. Is Target, really less evil than Wal-Mart?

You've ultimately gotta draw the line somewhere. That, or just throw up your hands, make peace that there is really no ethical consumption anyway and enjoy your Slurpee while the world burns.
Sure, we draw lines at some point. There's a pretty big gulf between recognizing that there's no perfectly ethical existence and fully embracing nihilism.

TwoSix

Dirty, realism-hating munchkin powergamer
Sure, we draw lines at some point. There's a pretty big gulf between recognizing that there's no perfectly ethical existence and fully embracing nihilism.
"Come join us on Nihilism Beach! We have existential dread, and COOKIES!"

Parmandur

Book-Friend

Wait, what's the secret ingredient to the mediocre chicken?

eyeheartawk

#1 Enworld Jerk™
Screenshot 2022-05-13 141341.png

Remove ads