The "I Didn't Comment in Another Thread" Thread

Ryujin

Legend
Have you considered a novel legal strategy dating back hundreds of years, originating in France?

alfred hitchcock workout GIF
Certainly could have been considered by those who got screwed over. Anyone that I could get ahold of, after the fact, got their money. The Labour Board guy who caught my case was an absolute pitbull who had been trying to nail the owner for tears, for shady practices. I made out better than most because the owner was personally paying me what I was owed, in installments. I hand-wrote receipts for him that he ultimately lost. My friendly neighbourhood attack dog said if he couldn't substantiate it then he still owed it, and that it wasn't up to me to corroborate what he said. I ultimately received a little less than double what I was owed.

Got the same case worker when I was later laid off by another company, in what was considered a constructive dismissal. (They closed the Eastern Canada branch and sold the building, but said that there would be a recall?) He was just as good to me then, as the previous time, and i got thousands that I was owed.

RealAlHazred

Frumious Flumph (Your Grace/Your Eminence)
I'm not saying we need to immediately behead the rich. What I'm saying is, we need to install a massive, publicly-available guillotine within sight of Congress and the White House, with a well-paid public sector headsman position permanently hired, with a little ceremony every week where the guillotine is well-oiled amid great fanfare and a fruit or vegetable appropriate to the season chopped in half to demonstrate the guillotine's effectiveness.

It's sort of like, just a reminder.

Last edited:

eyeheartawk

#1 Enworld Jerk™
I'm not saying we need to immediate behead the rich.
That is what I'm saying tho.

What I'm saying is, we need to install a massive, publicly-available guillotine within sight of Congress and the White House, with a well-paid public sector headsman position permanently hired, with a little ceremony every week where the guillotine is well-oiled amid great fanfare and a fruit or vegetable appropriate to the season chopped in half to demonstrate the guillotine's effectiveness.
I will sadly settle for this.

You know what's on my nerves about pizza right now? Facebook. Facebook is ruining pizza for me.

I just had to have a conversation with my spouse about where to order pizza from tonight. Not based on who has the best tasting pizza, not based on who is closest or cheapest. No. This was about the fact that the owner of the best local pizzeria decided to go on a rant on the company Facebook page. For the purpose of following board rules, lets just say it was about a political stance that we mostly disagree with. So now we have to ask the hard questions: Does this mean we don't order pizza from there? For how long? Does the fact that they took it down matter? Do we now need to check Facebook pages from the other local pizza joints to make sure they're not jerks or supporting other politics we don't like?

Gosh darn Facebook.

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
You know what's on my nerves about pizza right now? Facebook. Facebook is ruining pizza for me.

I just had to have a conversation with my spouse about where to order pizza from tonight. Not based on who has the best tasting pizza, not based on who is closest or cheapest. No. This was about the fact that the owner of the best local pizzeria decided to go on a rant on the company Facebook page. For the purpose of following board rules, lets just say it was about a political stance that we mostly disagree with. So now we have to ask the hard questions: Does this mean we don't order pizza from there? For how long? Does the fact that they took it down matter? Do we now need to check Facebook pages from the other local pizza joints to make sure they're not jerks or supporting other politics we don't like?

Gosh darn Facebook.
Consider it having done you a favor of outing someone you might not want to support. Before the days of social media, you pretty much had to be present to witness something like that and, oddly enough, people tend to be better behaved in a public setting than on their social media pages.

Remove ads