• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The "I Didn't Comment in Another Thread" Thread

prabe

Tension, apprension, and dissension have begun
Supporter
You're clearly expecting the words you're quoting to mean what you think they mean. They are alas being used in a highly technical, deeply counterintuitive way, so they kinda mean the opposite of that.

J.Quondam

CR 1/8
Maybe by the end of this run of poll questions, I can use them to build a "What kind of DM are you?" quiz. :LOL:;)
You could try asking:
"ENWorld, what is the best in D&D?"
I'm certain that would maximize goodwill and generate warm, fuzzy kumbaya vibes all around! It would also prompt endless Conan the Barbarian jokes.*

* Which is good, because "endless Conan the Barbarian jokes" is, of course, the only proper answer to the question, "What is the best in D&D?"

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
You could try asking:
I'm certain that would maximize goodwill and generate warm, fuzzy kumbaya vibes all around! It would also prompt endless Conan the Barbarian jokes.*

* Which is good, because "endless Conan the Barbarian jokes" is, of course, the only proper answer to the question, "What is the best in D&D?"

That breaks the true/false format.
I'd have to frame it to be something like: "True or False: I am what is best in D&D." ;):LOL:

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
Maybe by the end of this run of poll questions, I can use them to build a "What kind of DM are you?" quiz. :LOL:;)

What kind of DM?

30747293.gif

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
I'm now wanting to know what the different reactions of customers are when showing up at a restaurant and not finding out they're out of pineapple and pepperoni until going to order, or that everyone gets the same wait person regardless of what seat yourself table is chosen instead of the one at the adjacent table. I don't think those would bother me.

Finding out an ostensibly trainable music service didn't care about my thumbs up and thumbs down certainly would.

Ryujin

Legend
You could try asking:

Damn. You cut my response off at the knees.

Remove ads