• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The "I Didn't Comment in Another Thread" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
I have at least two more "True/False" poll statements lined up for tomorrow and the day after, and plan to continue to post them daily as the inspiration strikes.

Do I have a secret agenda with these posts?

68747470733a2f2f332e62702e626c6f6773706f742e636f6d2f2d6a367a4e455477766f696b2f566f35443731346f6f31492f41414141414141414242512f38346d33586f56596f6a6f2f73313630302f66616374732d7777772d73636172666f6c6b2d626c6f6773706f742d636f6d2e6a7067

SubrosaGames

Need Players
I didn't post in another thread because I don't want to come across as advertising our game. I mean, we believe it's a great RPG and we want more people to have eyes on it but we don't like sloppy blatant ads. ugh. Also, anybody in this forum from east of St. Louis? Looking for a solid experienced group to playtest rules for our Cyber <Punk> Expansion book / beta. We are 1 hour east of St. Louis.

It shouldn't, if used with sensible moderation. I see it as more like posting walls of text with no paragraph breaks. It's technically OK, but really annoying if you go overboard with it.
Breaking up posts to direct responses to a particular point can be helpful if done well.
Perhaps what has driven my distaste for the broken quote is that it acts as a wall-of-text multiplier. Once it becomes necessary, it only gets worse and it's already too late.

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing (He/They)
My brain, when someone tells me that they hate a game that they've never played*:

Confused Tom Hanks GIF

*Also: book they've never read, food they've never eaten, song they've never heard, you get the picture. Why would you ever want "I HATE THIS" to be your baseline, default opinion?

"Oh but see, I may not have played it per se, but I've spoken to people who lived next door to a guy that dated someone who played it once, and it was completely awful, so I don't have to play it to know that I already hate it. Que E Dee."

Yeah, sure buddy.

Last edited:

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
My brain, when someone tells me that they hate a game that they've never played*:

Confused Tom Hanks GIF

*Also: book they've never read, food they've never eaten, song they've never heard, you get the picture. Why would you ever want "I HATE THIS" to be your baseline opinion?

"Oh but see, I may not have played it per se, but I've spoken to people who lived next door to a guy that dated someone who played it once, and it was completely awful, so I don't have to play it to know that I already hate it. Que E Dee."

Yeah, sure buddy.
I hated Tuna on thin crust pizza, I acted Tuna in Calzone's, I hated Tuna on NY style pizza... and now I have to try it on Detroit style pizza to say I don't want it there either!?!?

(Ok, I actually only had Tuna in a casserole, but that's basically Chicago style pizza, right?)

dragoner

KosmicRPG.com
It's not only this thread, every 'how to' thread seems to be off in the weeds like a dirt bike; without touching on the mechanics.

dragoner

KosmicRPG.com
I'm a numbers guy, its been my life for better or worse, so when I was thinking about gaming, while doing some prep, it is now at forty-two years doing this. I probably don't have twenty years left, not half again the time I have spent. Realistically, when games, campaigns, last a few years at least, so most likely not even ten more ... *

*moral: never look at the numbers

“Death is always on the way, but the fact that you don't know when it will arrive seems to take away from the finiteness of life. It's that terrible precision that we hate so much. But because we don't know, we get to think of life as an inexhaustible well. Yet everything happens a certain number of times, and a very small number, really. How many more times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood, some afternoon that's so deeply a part of your being that you can't even conceive of your life without it? Perhaps four or five times more. Perhaps not even. How many more times will you watch the full moon rise? Perhaps twenty. And yet it all seems limitless.”
-The Sheltering Sky

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...

Confused Tom Hanks GIF

*Also: book they've never read, food they've never eaten, song they've never heard, you get the picture. Why would you ever want "I HATE THIS" to be your baseline, default opinion?

Yeah, sure buddy.
Like my friend's "too popular to be good" stance. He has to hear of it first (or only hear from one other person) otherwise too many people know about it and its no good at this point. A real headscratcher that one. I've even introduced things to him that he tries to introduce to me months later saying he discovered it. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads