The "I Didn't Comment in Another Thread" Thread

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
I have a whole other set of true/false polls ready for the coming week. As usual, if you have suggestions for future polls - even if they are just rough ideas not articulated as a true/false statement yet - feel free to DM me.

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
"I wonder if some of you have ever searched code for a bug before... because both of those things certainly happen all the time in doing that."

RealAlHazred

Frumious Flumph (Your Grace/Your Eminence)
I was reading Ghosts of Saltmarsh last night and chuckled at the very first line. "Saltmarsh is a nondescript fishing village..." followed by 20 pages of description.

When one describes a thing as "nondescript," is the thing still nondescript? :unsure:
When I ran Ghosts of Saltmarsh, I moved it to 1580ish Port Royal, Jamaica. Not nondescript, but definitely doomed!

Hussar

Legend
I was reading Ghosts of Saltmarsh last night and chuckled at the very first line. "Saltmarsh is a nondescript fishing village..." followed by 20 pages of description.

When one describes a thing as "nondescript," is the thing still nondescript? :unsure:

Ahh. The HP Lovectaft school of writing.

The indescribable horror shuffled forth which I will now describe in intricate detail for the next page and a half.

:)

Remove ads