• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The "I Didn't Comment in Another Thread" Thread

RealAlHazred

Frumious Flumph (Your Grace/Your Eminence)
I've worked at places where these notices are posted. Nothing like the judgemental looks you get when you have to open one such door...

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
Ever since my daughter was born, the few times I have looked at the main D&D forum I have been washed over with a deep sense of apathy about any and all of it. I literally asked myself, when was the last time I got anything useful for my games from the D&D discussion? And while I can remember instances of something useful, the fact that these instances are unstuck in time suggests to me that the signal-to-noise ratio has gone beyond utility.

I think I'll stick to threads on painting minis and making terrain and this one until something changes.

Gradine

The Elephant in the Room (she/her)
al gore internet GIF

Ryujin

Legend
I've worked at places where these notices are posted. Nothing like the judgemental looks you get when you have to open one such door...
At work I always ignore these signs. There's got to be a reason why I have master keys, after all. Some people think that I'm Lawful Neutral so this tendency to ignore a sign made me reconsider that, until I realized that I always ignore the sign. Nothing Chaotic about that.

Ever since my daughter was born, the few times I have looked at the main D&D forum I have been washed over with a deep sense of apathy about any and all of it. I literally asked myself, when was the last time I got anything useful for my games from the D&D discussion? And while I can remember instances of something useful, the fact that these instances are unstuck in time suggests to me that the signal-to-noise ratio has gone beyond utility.

I think I'll stick to threads on painting minis and making terrain and this one until something changes.
This is wise. I recently saw this video on basically the same subject and it spoke to me along these lines.

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
Two unrelated ones

Say you've never read the inspirational recipes or relevant "Philosophy of Pizza" chapters about it, without actually saying it.

-----

It is certainly possible for the sourcing of pizza toppings, naming or descriptions of pizza menu items, or activities of the pizzeria owner to be directly related to human and civil rights issues, and so the sensitivities in how those are discussed are relevant then. That isn't the case in discussions about your personal preference of Pineapple vs Pepperoni vs Tuna or Pizza vs. Calzone vs. Lasagna.

Last edited:

Remove ads