The "I Didn't Comment in Another Thread" Thread

I must admit, I never tire of this conversation:

A: I really hate product X for reasons A, B and C.

B: But, A and B are flat out not true and C isn't really all that true either because A and B aren't true.

A: HOW DARE YOU TELL ME WHAT I SHOULD AND SHOULDN'T LIKE!!!!!

B: But, it's fine you don't like it, but, the reasons you gave aren't actually true, so, what is it that you don't like?

A: I DON'T LIKE A, B and C!! You can't tell me that they aren't true! I don't like it because of A, B and C and nothing you say will convince me to like it.

B: I don't want to convince you to like it. I just want to understand why you don't like it.

A: STOP TELLING ME TO LIKE SOMETHING I DON'T LIKE! I ALREADY TOLD YOU WHY I DON'T LIKE IT!!!! Stop talking about this. I'm 100% convinced that I'm right and no amount of counter evidence will convince me otherwise. Stop bothering me!

B: But....

That was pretty much the entirety of the Edition Wars in like three pages of a thread.

Difficulty: A is a straight up falsehood, B is 100% true, and C is situationally true but complex and commonly misunderstood.

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
What, you wanted a full year of Snarf unleased on a single day?

The reaction would be ... well ....

6e7b05c6389bf0dcfcdc5b7cf2a81791.gif

September 12, 2023. A day that shall live in infamy.
Cadence, irrefragably.
It wasn't my first choice! But better a mind once a year blistered with the bright sheen of the anti-bard sun, than the slow decay to pineapple pizza.

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
It wasn't my first choice! But better a mind once a year blistered with the bright sheen of the anti-bard sun, than the slow decay to pineapple pizza.

Movin' to the city
Gonna eat a lot of pizza
Movin' to the city
Gonna eat me a lot of pizza
Movin' to the city
Gonna eat a lot of pizza
Movin' to the city
I'm gonna eat a lot of pizza

Pizza ain't the same as flan
Pineapple ain't part of the plan
Fruit on pizza is for clowns
If I had my little way
I'd eat pizza every day
Bread and sauce and cheese- how it's made.

Gradine

The Elephant in the Room (she/her)
Difficulty (Impossible): A, B, and C are subjective measures of engagement and enjoyment, and people are allowed to express dislike without finding the words necessary for you to understand them

edit: Except for (+) threads, where they should just GTFO :p

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
Me: (eating a slice of pizza)
Internet: Hey did you know there's pineapple on that pizza?
Me: Yes.
Internet: But you're eating it.
Me: That is correct.
Internet: But there's pineapple on it.
Me: Correct again.
Internet: But...but you're eating it.
Me: Yes, I am still eating it.
Internet: But...but...there's pine--
Me: Pineapple on it, yes. I know.
Internet: But you're...
Me: ...eating it, yes. As I've said.
Internet: BUT THERE'S PINEAPPLE--
Me: (takes another bite, holding eye contact)
Internet:
Confused Andy Richter GIF

Last edited:

Hussar

Legend
Difficulty (Impossible): A, B, and C are subjective measures of engagement and enjoyment, and people are allowed to express dislike without finding the words necessary for you to understand them

edit: Except for (+) threads, where they should just GTFO :p

Which would be fine except then folks get pissed off when questioned about their reasoning which is no vague and nebulous that communication is impossible and nearly impossible to distinguish from flat out bad faith, goalpost shifting arguments.

Remove ads