• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The "I Didn't Comment in Another Thread" Thread

Janx

Hero
I find it helps to enter a discussion figuring that, even if I do care about a thing, nobody else cares what I think about the thing.
I believe that is the next step of my evolution.

Later, I'll realize that since nobody cares what I think, there is no point in posting what I think.

Later still, I might just stop thinking. We'll see.

Mad_Jack

Legend
I believe that is the next step of my evolution.

Later, I'll realize that since nobody cares what I think, there is no point in posting what I think.

Later still, I might just stop thinking. We'll see.

I stopped thinking years ago, after I figured everything out.
And I stopped posting as well - if they haven't figured it out yet, I can't be bothered to explain it to them.

Mad_Jack

Legend
Wow...

I just heard some mad scrambling noises over by the door... When I investigated, some idiot chipmunk had somehow gotten himself in between the glass door and screen door and couldn't figure out how to extricate himself, so he was just madly running back and forth and climbing up and down the screen door.

That's got to be a metaphor for something...

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
I'm glad that my favorite poster is back and least favorite one is banned.

I know! I was so excited to see those titles again!!!

How would the viscount carry on the system of primogeniture if he mistakenly allowed his enslaved grandson’s uncle‘s paramour marry his niece’s third cousin twice removed who was kidnapped by bandits?

Gradine

The Elephant in the Room (she/her)
Which would be fine except then folks get pissed off when questioned about their reasoning which is no vague and nebulous that communication is impossible and nearly impossible to distinguish from flat out bad faith, goalpost shifting arguments.
Except nobody owes anybody an explanation for not liking things, and their ability (or lack thereof) to voice their disconnect with the game does not change the fact that they (a) actually have a disconnect with the game and (b) that disconnection is valid.

I've seen genuine disagreement lambasted as bad-faith criticism, especially when we're talking about edition wars and/or system preferences. The problem is pooposters so we should instead be complaining about the pooposters and their pooposting tactics.

I know! I was so excited to see those titles again!!!

How would the viscount carry on the system of primogeniture if he mistakenly allowed his enslaved grandson’s uncle‘s paramour marry his niece’s third cousin twice removed who was kidnapped by bandits?

I think Morrus said these forums were not the place to talk about the queen's death...

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing (He/They)
I present as evidence: Rule #1, "The DM Can Make Their Own Rules."
This means the rules are complete when the DM says they are, until the DM changes their mind.
Boom. Rules-lawyered.

Remove ads